Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So whatever happened to BT's BB for €10pm?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

In more news of telecoms, a new promotion from BT Ireland will offer business broadband to small and medium sized enterprises for EUR10 per month. The offer is valid for the first 12-months of service and is part of a complete communications package which includes calls, line rental and 2MB broadband bundled together on a single bill. For companies that cannot receive broadband because of line quality or exchange availability, BT Ireland will provide them with BT Anytime, flat rate, ISDN/PSTN dial-up access, for 12 months free of charge.
    That's how ENN put it.

With this strategy BT offers the kind of "demand stimulation" that makes sense. I am glad to see Maloney no longer simply reselling the incumbent's offers, but doing aggressive marketing which points into the unbundled future expansion.
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

There is a minimum spend of €190 for calls and line rental, which realistically is at the lower level for a lot of SMEs. I'm glad they offered flatrate dialup/isdn for those that cannot get broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I presume that's €190 worth of calls/rental per month... So they're basically trying to get SME's voice business, where margins are probably very healthy. I suppose that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It looks like BT are the first company in Ireland to offer some form of compensation should a phone line not qualify for broadband, albeit a promotion aimed at SMEs. But it's a good step nontheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭thecivvie

damien.m wrote:
    There is a minimum spend of €190 for calls and line rental, which realistically is at the lower level for a lot of SMEs. I'm glad they offered flatrate dialup/isdn for those that cannot get broadband.

I wish they would offer unlimited dialup for those who cannot get BB and want it

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
Advertisement