Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb

• 19-08-2005 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

has anyone heard rumblings of any "new" deals / products from digiweb?

heard there is something happening soon but no further info
    could not find anything here about it

from their site (12/08/05):

http://www.digiweb.ie/article.asp?id=88&type=2
    Note to editors: Digiweb's Next Generation Network is one of the most advanced wireless networks in the world. The result of over a year of research and development between Digiweb and leading wireless manufacturers, the network innovatively combines a number of established technologies to deliver a new telecoms infrastructure with capabilities exceeding that of current platforms. The new network is highly scaleable and flexible, and will support other emerging industry innovations such as WiMAX. Digiweb will shortly provide details of initial launch locations, and by the end of 2005 will have over 70% population coverage. The network supports Voice, ultra high-speed Internet, High definition Digital TV and more.

have highlighted 'interesting' info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Digiweb are opening offices in Limerick and it was on the local paper
    here that a next generation network will start to be rolled out in
    limerick soon.....lets hope its something new!

here is a link to some guy 4rm digiweb talking bout it.
    http://dynamic.rte.ie/av/2067110.smil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

so are they going to roll out this wimax stuff everywhere or is all these new services being run through their existing wireless network ?

I've put in an order for digiweb wireless and it would be great if they were upgrading the services:)

does anyone have digiweb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya i got a 3mbit dsl line with them, its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

has anyone heard rumblings of any "new" deals / products from digiweb?

heard there is something happening soon but no further info
    could not find anything here about it

from their site (12/08/05):

http://www.digiweb.ie/article.asp?id=88&type=2

have highlighted 'interesting' info

New product, new network, new packages. Existing wireless network will remain as is and will still be expanded as required.

• Advertisement

so this new WiMax will replace the existing Wireless network around the country ? Wimax looks promising. If I could just get 512k wireless I would be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

That looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭flocker

[HTML] That looks good[/HTML]

That what l was thinking Bush, but what is the true service and support like. These boards are full of unhappy customers, some providers just dont provide !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

flocker, I've removed your post as apparently that info is still under NDA.

what is NDA ? was all that only for DSL or do they plan to offer in via wireless as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

jubbly wrote:
    what is NDA ? was all that only for DSL or do they plan to offer in via wireless as well ?

NDA=Non Disclosure Agreement i.e. it shouldnt have been posted!

The 1 and 2 mbit uploads must have been from a wireless connection!

oh, thanks zuma.

Im trying to get digiweb wireless. any improvement on their service would be a major plus

Advertisement