Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Vodoo Do you Do

Options
  • 27-04-1999 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭

So whats the story with the Vodoo 3 cards their nice and cheap around 160 streling and are 2d/3d any coments on them. I have a 16 Mb TNT which kicks ass. So I wonder should I wiat till the THT 2's come out or what

KaYoS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I also have a TNT and I'm waiting on a TNT2 from someone like Hercules or Canopus, there choice of memory and cooling offer a far better chance of getting the clock and memory speeds we've seen on the reference board benchmarks from nVidia. It wouldn't make much since to go out and buy a low end TNT2 if you already have a TNT, just overclock it!! If your going in my direction make sure there is a fan and heatsink on the chip and also make sure the memory is 4ns S*RAM(*=D or G) whichever card you get.

Note: TNT2 with proper cooling can reach in the region of 175MHz Core.
    Memory: 6ns = 150Mhz 5ns = 183MHz and 4ns = 200MHz

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

You'll be waiting for a TNT2 from Canopus for a long time. Their US facility stopped making any 3d boards and are concentrating on video editing stuff, though they do say that the Japanese side of the firm will still make garphics cards for the Japanese market.

Pity: my Pure3D card is a loverly board.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Here whats the story with the ATI Rage Fury AGP 32MB Graphics Card. Any1 have it or know anything about it.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

Can't comment on the AGP version, but a mate just got a G3 which comes with the 66Mhz PCI version. Seems to be very nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I got a v3 2000, its great smile.gif
    $100 ordered from the US, sigh, £160 here ehhh, thats bad wink.gif
    Oh well, image quality is amazing, much better than the V2 & faster as well
    Not to mention how good Glide is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Ehhh...its £100 here in Game for the 16meg one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Yeah CastorTroy02, Voodoo3 only 99 quid in Games in grafton street but it's still a piece of crap smile.gif TNT2 rules smile.gif

You going to finish that?
    *munch*munch*

Advertisement