Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec???

Options
  • 19-08-2005 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

:eek: Ok need advice- going for high points (law) and wondering am i making a mistake taking up home economics??? Didnt do it for jc but keen on it! What do you think???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I know of people who have done that. I would say that it must be hard, remember the home ec is a lot of food science. if you like it have a look at the book, all i would say is if you don't like theory and the food part of biology (e.g. the JC stuff with more detail) don't do it. maybe you could ask a teacher?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i took it up for leaving cert!! alot of it is quite sciency but most of it is common knowledge to most!! i absolutly loved it!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Also if you are taking Biology and Business it has quite an overlap with those two subjects, makes it much easier

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

I read in an article a while ago that of all the subjects this one appears to be easier to do very well in then most others. Some of the private schools are adding it to their list of available subjects just so people can get the points in it, to do things like law ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

pauln wrote:
    I read in an article a while ago that of all the subjects this one appears to be easier to do very well in then most others. Some of the private schools are adding it to their list of available subjects just so people can get the points in it, to do things like law ;) .

Spoken by someone who definitely didnt do home ec for the leaving cert. It's definitely not easy to do really well in. It's a really long course but great if you put the work in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i think home ec is pretty easy! i'm doing it for the leaving...i think it helps if you're doing biology or business coz a lot of it is the same...i.e the food science section, consumer studies etc...contary to what a lot of people think, it isn't all about food like. I love social studies and u choose 1 out of 3 electives to do too!! Plus i'm aiming for law too

Advertisement