Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

word doc problem

• 19-08-2005 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭

ok heres the problem

I have a CV that i made about 5 months ago and i wanted to edit it, and when i open it all i see is boxes, 1000's of boxes, no text. I'm using microsoft office 2003 pro. adn i dont have any other program to open it on,,, i think i made this CV before i installed office 2003. but i thought i should be still able to use old files with it,

anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 beefy

Try opening the file in Wordpad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sounds like the font used isn't installed on the computer you're opening it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sounds like the font used isn't installed on the computer you're opening it on.
    Doesn't it give you a message on opening the file and gives it a standard font instead?
    Perhaps i'm wrong though.
    It sounds strange. Sure it was word you made it in originally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

it would be a normall font i used it for a CV nothing crazym just normal. when i tried to open it i for a message saying it couldnt find PS111.msi (i think that was the error) i checked with microsoft and they said to install a converter, i did and i stopped getting this error, but they are still coming up as boxes.

when i open it in word pad it is the same ,, just boxes all in a line,

seem like a currupt file.. but i dont know how,,

Advertisement