Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports management

Options
  • 19-08-2005 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

What are peoples experience with the course? Is it a waste of time and should i just head straight for marketing dit. The reason i ask is i doubt i have enough for commerce. Any help would be appreciated/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

All I know about the course is you do absolutely f**k all (days off, dossing etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Yeah, last year anyway, the first years had every friday off and every second monday off. The b*stards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

what faculty does this course belong to arts? well load sof people that do arts only do 18 hours a week if that, I had 39 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

zap wrote:
    what faculty does this course belong to arts? well load sof people that do arts only do 18 hours a week if that, I had 39 last year.
    Less. I think I only had 13 hours a week last year.
    Mind you, look where that got me - Repeating, that's where.

Yeah arts probably has fewer hours than sports management, but mine were all spread out over the five days so I didnt officially have days off like they did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had 10 hours a week in science last year... And look at me now. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jesus! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

BSc Sports Mgt is interdisciplinary at the moment just like the BBLS it is a hybrid degree. Reports about it are quite varied. Seems to be a tight class though if you are thinking about your college experience.

They don't seem to have problems getting jobs afterwards either.

I would recommend speaking to someone who has just done the course. I did come across one student who complained incessantly about the course and the detachment and non-relavance of the material covered to what the course was supposed to be on. Saying that, people often have different perceptions as to what something is supposed to be on and how it turned out.

Personally I would do a BComm as it is more widely recognised and then do a masters when finished. Basically the same thing at the end of the day and would probably get paid more as the BComm is noted straight away by employers as a good degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Most second arts students I knew last year had one day off a week. And up until the year before last, so did people in my course. Handy, if you have a part-time job, as people are more willing to employ you if you can work on a weekday as well as/instead of both weekend days.

I had 11 hours in the first semester and 12 in the second, or something along those lines. But the amount of work involved if you do it all is massive, and would easily fill another 40 or so each week, especially when you start translating. 9 hours on 50 lines is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

beanyb wrote:
    Yeah arts probably has fewer hours than sports management, but mine were all spread out over the five days so I didnt officially have days off like they did!
    I didn't have days off. I had two days where I only had 1 lecture.
    Usually at about 9 in the morning, just to p*ss me off.
    Suffice to say that not going to those lectures is one of the reasons I'm repeating.

• Advertisement

And that horrible timetable is the year I have to look forward too, stupid nine o'clock starts. I think I've managed to get out of having one on monday though, which is great.

Advertisement