Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Derry vs Cork (inc scores and Goal Of The Season)

• 19-08-2005 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Derry 3 Cork 1.....few minutes left but its over.
    In the 76thish minute Barry Molloy Chested the ball on the edge of the box and volleyed it sweetly into the top corner with the spinniest loopeist shot ever.
    Superb strike and anyone who has ever played ball will know to hit a volley on the edge of the box is the perfect goal.

Cracking game Derry took lead after 6 minutes and led until Cork got a easy peno (Derry had a better claim in 1st Half) O Callgahn scored (skilful deadly players should not be called george, its wrong) O Flynn for Derry scored a deserved goal to make it 2-1 for Derry, Cork had a few minutes on top but only for their keeper who saved a shot from 3 yards out, Gordon Banks be proud of it. Molloy scored then soon after to kill the game and since then its been ****e, just "blow your whislte "type crap.

Thats 2nd best game i seen this year (Az vs Lisbon being the best. For 76 minutes Derry vs Cork was a superb game regardless of how much the people playing it got a week.

/me applauds both sets of players....

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭jubbly

i dont know if he meant to score that but if he did, its one for the goals of the season. a real cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Even as a Cork City fan I enjoyed that game. Packed full of quality all over the pitch. :)

Derry were definately the better team and deserved the win. After 70 mins I was saying Devine was a cert for MOTM but then Molloy came up with that cracker.

Makes the rest of the season really interesting to the Neutral :mad: , but it should be interesting. ;)

Maybe Cork should have started O Callaghan ?? They played a lot better once he came on. Maybe richardson was gettting cocky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Great goal , I didn't see any of the first half and a lot of the second (couldn't get home in time :( ) but it looked a very good game and now the title is within Derry's reach aswell as Cork . Should be a good run in to the season .

Bray leading harps 2-1 , Zayed scores again .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

It was a tough call. George played well when he came on. He never really got into his rhythm though(shows how good he is), and he should start on Thursday.

I didnt think Roy O'Donovan would keep his place and maybe on Thursday it will be a
    Kearney
    O'Callaghan
    Gamble
    O'Hallorahan...

Midfield.

Derry were just the better team.

Simple as!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    (skilful deadly players should not be called george, its wrong)

Skillful deadly players should not be dropped. I understand Rico has a policy of not changing a winning team but for gods sake, he is their best player and only missed two games. Definitely should have started.

I'm watching it on tape now, only 1-0 to Derry atm but it looks a good game with a great atmosphere already.

Just saw the third goal now

What a goal! A good advert for the league this, great atmosphere too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone who wants the goal PM me, its 4.5mb in .avi XviD format.

do you think he meant to score that goal Slash ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ He said in the post match interview he didnt mean it, that he mis-hit it :(

Good game, awful result. Great athmosphere.

Let them have their premiership!

• Advertisement

i was wondering if he meant it. Fair play to him for saying he didnt... still a great goal.. keeper had no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

gimmick wrote:

He seemed if he was kind of joking when he said that so its still a mystery wheather he did or not .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Any player who chests and volleys in one move is doing one thing getting a shot in.

Regardless of how it went in he wanted it to go, super goal.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The most annoying thing about it is that when he took the shot everyone did the usual hands out "AAAAAAAAAAHHHH" as you do after a crappy shot. The silence a second later was deafening :(

Felix Healy mentioned that City (and Rico) have bottled it in the past. Heres hoping history doesnt repeat itself.

If we dont win it this season, we never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fri. 18 Nov. Cork City v Derry City Turner’s Cross 7.45 pm

Thats where it will be decided. Oddly we play both of you the games before it.

There bigger and stronger than Cork and better going forward but their defence is dodgy, Corks isnt. I still think Derry will do it but only cos they brought in new players Mc Court and O Flynn at the right time.

But lots of games to go.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

load of cock.

no way did he mean that, wasnt even looking goalward when he hit it. The keeper should of done better.

meh.

gimmick wrote:

Taking the píss.

If he didn't mean it what was he trying to do? He was clearly going for goal and seemed to hit it how he wanted to.

Advertisement