Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pug 205 injector problem

Options
  • 19-08-2005 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

I have an electrical fuel pump in the 205 and it only fires 3 injectors at once, I have tried 8 spare injectors I have, they cant all be broken!!

Could it be an electrical problem? No matter what way I switch them on the fuel rail, 3 only works, but its all ways the three same injectors, none of the other 8 work for me!

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

I fail to see what having an electrical pump has to do with your problem.

A "Noid Light" or a test lamp/diode or DVM is what you require.

Depending on system construction, you have 1, 2 or 4 coil drivers in your ECU, but given as 3 are working I'll have to assume 2 or 4.
    If 2 a wire, fuse or connector is faulty, if 4 a transistor driver is faulty.

First determine if you have a common 12VDC or a Common ground. Ie with the car running you get a constant 12VDC on one wire to the inj and a pulsed ground, or a constant ground and a pulsed 6~12VDC. A wiring diagream would tell you this at a glance.

Once you figure that out we can go to the next stage.

Advertisement