Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick Of Pike Killers

Options
  • 19-08-2005 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

stupid trout anglers , germans , basically muppets who havent a clue about pike fishing in general

lads that go out "traulin" with their 16ft "traulin" rods with 12lb line and cheap 15lb leaders

i have yet to catch my first 20 and it annoys the hell outa me to see this **** goin on

the WRFB are just as bad....them **** would gill net a puddle if there was pike in it

regards...one pissed off pike angler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

trace..i left a trace in a 17lb pike in the inny..nothing i coudl do , the pike had swallowed it very fast, and i was too slow to make it to the baitrunner...i absolutely hated doing it..it was on my mind for a couple of days..so if u came across a pike with a trace in it, somewhere on the inny system, then it was probably mine..
    but im unlike u, i have caught 20's and cant wait to get out getting them again this winter! plus im gonna try for some specimen roach..

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

i understand you being pi$$ed off when you posted...but

Not all German anglers are pike killing idiots, and a lot of them are very knowledable anglers who have caught and returned many double figure pike in irish waters.

I have always used 12lb mainline for my piking, and have never left a trace in a fish. I have left them in snags which may still result in a fish picking up the bait, but even with braid you can't pull out of every snag.

Trolling on rivers and loughs is a very good way of finding fish. Don't knock it.

You might want to try being friendly to the trout anglers, a lot of them will be happy to tell you where they are seeing the fish feeding etc

just get out as often as you can and you'll eventually get a 20. at least that's what i'm hoping will happen to me this winter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

ill be out thiswinter every second if not every weekend on lough ree

i know there are some great german anglers out there it just disgusted the hell out of me some of the things iv seen

Advertisement