Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 very good, but............

Options
  • 19-08-2005 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

I've put up with the crap of getting game to work 4 times now (demo ,orig & 2 patches) for some reason never easy. I like the game but it seems to be lacking something during game play. Now I know I not a good player but I love DC and POE even BF 1942 and BFV at a pinch after the patches but this one don't do it for me. Most servers seem to be inhabited by noob's , stat whores or clan fragments doing their own thing. I have yet to log on to a server where people were just having fun and playing the game to its limits like the old games from BF1942 /BFV on games?iol.ie or the tig server last year. OK so everybody has grown up some this last year but whats happened to the fun? Sould I change to CS or COD? Am I too old ? Is it just me ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

CS is haven to the architypal 12 year old 'newb'.
    CoD is better, but not by much.
    BF2 does have its newbies, but what do you care? Just play the game, have some fun and be better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

80% of the games i play are great, no matter where you go there will always be noobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

My suggestion would be join a clan (dont know if your in one) At least that way you can game with people you know are just up for a good game like yourself.
    And now there is a few irish clans to choose from now, This time last years there was only two.

But i do see your point about the stat whores.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

EA Games has made stat whoring mandatory with BF2, as you needs lots of stats to unlock weapons.

=-=

For a "good" server, try joining a clan server, as they're usually admined to get rid of the noobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

whats a start whore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

CoD is better, but not by much.

I was playing cod for a bit last nite and its full of sprayers.I was the only one on the server with a rifle.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

He is right about the state of the servers . When I play during the day on a random server it's usually crap , I try to find a clan server WITH atleast one member of that clan on it .

At night though , when the rest of my clan mates are online and on TS we have some great games and good fun .

And until you have reached my age , you ain't too old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

just can't get into BF2...I've played quite a bit and on the odd night it is good but you really need to be on the ball. The most frustrating is when you empty a clip and a brif burst from the enemy brings you down. Once in a while that is ok, but it is quite a common problem and just really touches all my wrong buttons.. .expecially if I've just snook arround for 5 mins.

CoD is way more fun... easy to get into a game with standard players and clock up an average frag. I stay away from the German Mod players though cause they are too good and I just I like being a little more than just to be cannon fodder.

As for clans, they can be too serious too... takes some to find a 'just for fun' one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Kare Bear wrote:
    I was playing cod for a bit last nite and its full of sprayers.I was the only one on the server with a rifle.:(

Yer just not visiting the right servers. I often go on rifle only servers. Or servers with weapom limiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OK so your problem is with n00bs, clan fragments, and stats whores? What else is there?

OK n00bs are obvious. But if you don't like n00bs then you want people with experience. Those people will either be good, and get a high score, or will not be solo players, and will play in a group/squad - the obvious extension of this would be a permenant group/squad. Ie. a clan.

So you don't feel you're a n00b, I think. You don't like groups and teamwork? Or why complain about clan fragments - just join with them. Most don't have a problem playing with others interested in teamwork.

But though I take it you don't consider yourself a n00b, maybe what's lacking in your game is your ability to play? People who score high aren't stats whores. They're people who score high. Being jealous isn't a good character trait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement