Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2, episode 6: "Home"

• 20-08-2005 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Too tired to say anything, blah.

How was tonight's Galactica? 21 votes

It was amazing!
    0% 0 votes
    It was great!
    9% 2 votes
    It was okay...
    57% 12 votes
    It was crap!
    28% 6 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda!
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Fenster wrote:
    Too tired to say anything, blah.

Good episode overall. More of a setting the scene in content type episode compaired to what weve seen so far this season. Cant waut to see part 2 :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

OK. It was mostly just setup for Part 2. I'm not sure how I felt about the asteroid sequence - seemed as if they just put in to give us some actions shots which, with the Kobol sequence, they didn't need to.

Touchy-feely Adama... hmm we'll see. I want to still see him badass to the Prez. when they meet up. I liked his handling of the press conference.

Kobol itself? A bit more religious mumbo-jumbo, as Tighe would see it, but interesting if we actually see some pay off next week.

I'm marking this as average, awaiting the outcome of next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭savemejebus

hmm i thought it was good but not great, as was said above a scene setter.

One thing i'm wondering about
    how easily the cylon troopers were dispatched, i mean when they were on galactica it took explosive rounds to take them out but here Helo and Apollo blew two away with handguns.(just like helo did on caprica)

I've two theories on this
    1) they were only there to make the group trust Cylon Sharon, she gets to save the day etc...
    2) There are more than one type of centurion, a la ground troops and space troopers

definitely looking forward to next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Apollo got one with a lucky shot it seems and the others were shot with a grenade / missile launcher.

didn't helo get one as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

What I can't over is the cylons being such crap shots. :confused:

Well Its In The Script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

its all down to wizards, metallic toaster wizards but wizards all the same

I watched the scene again...
    Helo and Apollo both used those exploding rocket rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Good Ep - that is all

nukem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Was anyone thinking in the final scene with Dee and Adama - "She's a Cylon! No he's a Cylon!". The mood and eeriness of that scene were very confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Stark wrote:
    Was anyone thinking in the final scene with Dee and Adama - "She's a Cylon! No he's a Cylon!". The mood and eeriness of that scene were very confusing.

I have my head set on Balter being a cylon myself but a very eeriee scene and episode alltogether. What really freaked me out was a scene earlier on.

Zarek(the revolutionary leader) and his henchman were discussing the situation, when the henchman hints that maybe they should do away with Apollo. Then there was a small pause as Zarak thinks about this, and the way he played it, I was convinced he was going to kill the henchman there and then. It was the look on the guys face aswell, to me he looked scared to death, as if to say "I've really ****ed up here, I am a dead man"

It was like I was after going up in a roller coaster, waiting for a drop that never came. I've never got that sort of thing from a tv show before.

Liked it,It had that I want to break into the studio and rob the disk for part 2 hungryness quality to it.

Ronald Moores free commentary for this episode is up on itunes store in the pod casts section aswell if anyones interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

What I don't get is that the humans know that the cylons are amoung them. They don't know as much as the audience does but after Boomer shot Adama they really can't ignore the fact that anyone could be a cylon.

On the Astral Queen they have a cylon helping them and in all the scenarios that they talked about when discussing Sharons true intentions it never occured to any of them that maybe the cylons want them to find earth. I mean look at what they know. The cylons want to wipe out all the humans. They destroy 12 planets and know there is a 13th. The remaining humans have no choice but to try find earth, but neither they nor the cylons know where it is. They have some ancient legends about how to find it. They cylons have been subtly encouraging the humans to find earth, hinting that both Rosalin and Starbuck are chosen in some way.

And it never once occurs to the humans that the cylons have looked for earth but can't find it and are hoping Galactica will do it for them?

Overall I thought this episode was good but not great, I hope next week has a bit more action to balance this episode effectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

bus77 wrote:
    I have my head set on Balter being a cylon myself but a very eeriee scene and episode altogether. What really freaked me out was a scene earlier on.
    I'd say the writers are deliberately putting in hints that everyone is a cylon so we won't know who's who until all is revealed. The way Six was saying Baltar was different to all the others did kind of suggest he might be a cylon but I don't think so, especially if he is really the father of the baby. Unless of course he was actually killed on Caprica and the Cylons replaced him? Who knows.

Anyway, that was a good episode, but it was just a prelude to next week where all the action is going to be. I'd like to know though what Adama is going to do. He said he's going to put the fleet back together and everyone looked happy, but does he mean he's going to help the others in their quest or he's going to in guns blazing and force an end to it?

I'll be up first thing Saturday morning for the next episode anyway.

don't go the the official sci-fi site, there is a spoiler picture on there for the next episode :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's hardly that big a spoiler. It only shows what we know is going to happen anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

good ep, but it had a kind of 'plodding along waiting for the action and revelations in part 2' feeling to it...

Does anyone know how many episodes are going to be in this series?

Its a great show, but I think to drag it out for too many seasons will damage it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good ep. Sets things up nicely. Looking forward to tomorrows episode.

Im curious, what do you guys think of the whole Lee & Kara will-they/won't-they storyline? What with the original Starbuck being a man, etc... (I think the writers doing a pretty decent job of it myself.)

Advertisement