Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Courses Begin

• 20-08-2005 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi, when do courses usually begin in Carlow? End of September?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i think first years are back the first week of september, and the rest start on the 12th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye the fresh meat usually start a week earlier than the rest of us. is it defo the 12th we're back? better tell work im leavin a week early then! i thought we were back 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

That early? Wow, and I already have a holiday booked for 10 days in London mid-September. Would Carlow postpone their courses just for me...?

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

same as, i thought it was the 19th too, maybe not, should give them a ring

Might have to rinhem meself. Though ill be down on friday for exams so ill go in in person. Steve, if u find out make sure u post it here.

• Advertisement

Yeh, please post here whatever you find out. I'm too stingy to ring them.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i would say first years start on the 12th, then we all start on the 14th.

the reason i thought it was the 19th was that me n a friend went into the office in may to ask when we're back and ur one said that the 1st years start a week earlier than us. she said that the mondays were the 5th, 12th and 19th and the 5th was too early for them to start so chancer are they will start the 12th, leaving us to start on the 19th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

where's everybody getting the idea that first years are given the college for a week on their own, for the last 3 years since i've been there anyways first years have always been given monday and tuesday and thats it. Like last year first years started on 13th of sep, we started on the 15th. The academic calender for last year is on itcarlow.ie somewhere. I think its 14th for sure this year for us, please feel free to burn me if it isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i rang them,
    its the 14th for 4th year networkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

obviously its been a year since i returned to college so i cant remember what happens the first day but where do we go and what do we do?! i.e. when is registration and what time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

u will be notified in good time by post.

my young green jumpered friend :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

by any change would there be anyone to help setup routers on a windows 2000 server college repeat project next week

it works with static ip addresss

but it cant pick up DHCP address from the windows 2000 server

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

woodyg wrote:
    u will be notified in good time by post.

my young green jumpered friend :rolleyes:

a thank you my aging green toed friend!

I went into them today after me exams. 1st years are back the 12th, everyone else is back the 14th.

On another note, anyone know when the results are out? probably shoulda asked them but i forgot!! :rolleyes:

Yeh I got my letter from the college today - 1st years' registration is on Thursday the 8th and courses start Monday the 12th.

Applied Biology here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭The General

Kazu wrote:
    by any change would there be anyone to help setup routers on a windows 2000 server college repeat project next week

it works with static ip addresss

but it cant pick up DHCP address from the windows 2000 server

ye i will help no problem just gimme a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

the student helping the teacher lol :D:D

funny man

Advertisement