Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuing School in England

Options
  • 20-08-2005 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

No idea where to post this, actually this would be probably better off in Personal Issues, so move if you wish.

Someone I know, who would be starting 5th year in September, is moving to England and plans to continue their education there. They're going alone, and staying with relatives, so its no huge deal. They say that it would be much easier to finish school over there.

I've always thought this too, the first huge advantage I can see is not learning irish. Their entire educational system seems to make a lot more sense. And I've always wanted to live in England eventually, and even though I'll be staying here to do 5th and 6th year, I've always wondered would it actually be easier if someone didnt do 5th and 6th year here and finished their education in England?

And also, I most likely will be going to college/university there, and I wanted to know would the be difficult, or easy? I want to do some part of my education abroad, so would England be the easiet, or another country maybe?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

apparently the irish education system is way better than the english one from what i've heard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

It must be hard to cross over, if you have not doen 5th and 6th (i.e. only to the junior cert) then you would have GCSE standard yet if you had done the leaving you still wouldn't have A level standard and if you switched in between? well their program is 2 years yes? (I think maybe) and ours is 2, so one year here is less learning in one sybject them one year there so you'd have to catch up!

Advertisement