Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student accommodation

Options
  • 20-08-2005 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Is it just me or is it like really easy to find a flat this year? I've just moved into a brand new flat (just been built) across from the IFSC and I'm paying €400 a month. I even had a couple of places to choose from.
    Gone be with the days (like 3 years ago) when there was hysteria every year in the quest to find student digs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ZigBee wrote:
    Is it just me or is it like really easy to find a flat this year? I've just moved into a brand new flat (just been built) across from the IFSC and I'm paying €400 a month. I even had a couple of places to choose from.
    Gone be with the days (like 3 years ago) when there was hysteria every year in the quest to find student digs.
    When you can afford it, it seems easier, I suppose. If you have a really strict budget, you'd find it harder, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

its probably also because the college offers arent out until tomorrow so ppl wont really look for accomadation before they get those

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭film_gonzo

Or if you're at the mercy of Rent Allowance then people don't want to know you. It's all a question of money I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

film_gonzo wrote:
    Or if you're at the mercy of Rent Allowance then people don't want to know you. It's all a question of money I guess.
    Too true all the new landlords are trying to get the "professional" market. Threshold's report is out later today and it is already saying 1/3 of all rental property is below minimum standards. That's of the inspected property BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

threshold report?? i'll be lookin forward to seein that.

the PRTB is practically useless at the moment anyway, they've such a backlog of houses to register tthey havnt a clue whats going on, so threshold say anyway!

• Advertisement
Advertisement