Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wexford broadband

• 20-08-2005 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Anyone using them , whats the QOS like ?

www.wexfordbroadband.com

2mb up and down , no cap , 35 euro plus VAT a month

299 +VAT installation

Anyone using them , whats the QOS like ?

How strictly do they inforce the "no pier to pier" disclaimer agreement on the sign up contract ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

formatman wrote:
    How strictly do they inforce the "no pier to pier" disclaimer agreement on the sign up contract ?

If you live on Kilmore Quay Pier or Rosslare Pier they simply wont connect you but I'd say the rest of Wexford will be all right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

These guys are reselling an exsiting BB setup in Wexford. PM your details and I will send you info on connection for 30 euro per month INCLUDGING VAT!!!
    The installation charge is similar though.
    I am using the same service. €30 per month, 2MB up and down with a 24:1 contention rate. Most parts of the south east are covered.
    Quite strict on the peer to peer, its pointed out as you sign the contract!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Can you post a traceroute to boards, please?

Not sure what that would prove. The service is provided by a various amount of wireless nodes (similar to IrishWan). All hosts on the LAN are routed through these nodes to an very large internet pipe. As I said in previous posts, this isn't one 2MB line being split between all the connected users, each user will get a service of 2MB line with 24:1 contention.
    Anyway, because there are around 8-10 internal hops before the external one a traceroute wouldn't mean much. I have attached some ping results to jolt.co.uk. There are pretty good (remember this isn't a typical ISP, so times of 24ms are out!! ) and I have never had a single problem with download speeds and/or latency.
    (BTW, I do not work for anyone involved with this setup, just letting you know my experience for the Wexford users :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

why not post here about the company they are reselling from?

• Advertisement

Broadband is a precious thing in Wexford, so he can't just tell us who's providing it. These things have to be kept secret you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭jd

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If you live on Kilmore Quay Pier or Rosslare Pier they simply wont connect you but I'd say the rest of Wexford will be all right :D
    Carne pier isn't much use if the tide is out , nor is st helens
    710sthelens2.jpg

Blaster99 wrote:
    Broadband is a precious thing in Wexford, so he can't just tell us who's providing it. These things have to be kept secret you understand.
    LOL.

To be honest if the guy who supplies this service wants people on this board to know about his service he knows where it is(only too well in fact). The truth of the matter is that I have never met or even seen this guy. I got in touch with a local installation engineer who arrived the next day, did an LOS test and installed the equipment. I then signed the forms and any trouble I have (which is none) I go to the installer. I have had this service for about a month and it is preforming great.

p.s If you PM me with the secret passphrase, written backwards, in cantonese, I'll let you know the supplier ;)

The traceroutes are Top Secret Wexford Eyes Only because the service is actually provided from Wales using top secret wireless technology so shhhhHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh everyone.

Does anyone have any nice pics of other piers in Wexford seeing as they are more relevant to this thread than anything the locals are telling us , jd found a lovely one there fair play to him , damn fine pier :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭jd

Sponge Bob wrote:
    , jd found a lovely one there fair play to him , damn fine pier :)
    took the photo myself too!
    (I've caught some nice bass and wrasse there too, fwiw!)

• Advertisement

I see that Rosslare Pier has joined this great conspiracy of silence too. Have a look at the General News Section on the website :) Theres a pier to pier protocol for ya !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

no more pier humour on this thread please , the contract actually says "pier" by the way ...! ...get out clause ?...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

how sloppy

if Wexford were inland it would not be so .......confusing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Did anyone actually look at the pricing on this? The business and home package are exactly the same, 2Mb up and down, 24:1, unlimited transfer, but businesses pay more for connection and more per month. That's just crazy? Is it even legal? An analogy if you will:

A man goes into a shop to buy a carton of milk:
    Man: Just this, and can I get a receipt.
    Shopkeep: €1 so. Oh, a receipt eh. This milk for the office then?
    Man: Yes, why?
    Shopkeep: Oh, that'll be €1.50 then if the business is paying for it.
    Man: :confused: , :eek: , :o , :mad:

Also, aren't residential prices supposed to be quoted inclusive of VAT. Eircom got pulled on this some time back and I thought it was the law now.

My sister and her husband would like to get broadband out in Clonroche but I wouldn't be recommending this lot. €363 installation and €42.35 a month thereafter.

Don't forget that it's only €30 inc VAT if you know the secret handshake.

jor el wrote:
    Did anyone actually look at the pricing on this? The business and home package are exactly the same, 2Mb up and down, 24:1, unlimited transfer, but businesses pay more for connection and more per month. That's just crazy? Is it even legal? An analogy if you will:

A man goes into a shop to buy a carton of milk:
    Man: Just this, and can I get a receipt.
    Shopkeep: €1 so. Oh, a receipt eh. This milk for the office then?
    Man: Yes, why?
    Shopkeep: Oh, that'll be €1.50 then if the business is paying for it.
    Man: :confused: , :eek: , :o , :mad:

Also, aren't residential prices supposed to be quoted inclusive of VAT. Eircom got pulled on this some time back and I thought it was the law now.

My sister and her husband would like to get broadband out in Clonroche but I wouldn't be recommending this lot. €363 installation and €42.35 a month thereafter.

Why would you recommend and/or buy from this "shower" when there are just renting the same connection and reselling it. You could get this connection for €30 inc VAT. This installation fee is still around €350 but the equipment is yours (or you can actually buy the euip yourself and pay someone to install)

Show us your traceroutes and pings azzeretti or else stop pimping this company :)

Is it a 2.4Ghz or a 5.7Ghz setup? Where is/are the transmitter(s) in Wexford?

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Show us your traceroutes and pings azzeretti or else stop pimping this company :)

Already did post them, I thought. You're right about the pimping, I am gonna stop now, If have no affiliation with this company so I will leave it as is.

2.4 Ghz by the way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement