Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6600 & Bluetooth

• 20-08-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Ok, I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with wireless and a Nokia 6600.
    I can't get these to work together with PC Suite (I need to backup contacts etc, so file transfer isn't enough).

There's a Toshiba bluetooth stack on the machine.

I downloaded the new PC suite from the nokia site, install it and then try and connect a device, it seems to work but when it asks me to exchange a pass code it never gets to the phone, but tells me a connection has been made anyway, and then that connection isnt available.

Driving me nuts, tried installing mrouter and it cant see the bluetooth device.

Ideas?

<< Fio >>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i know it's no help to you but i've the same problem with a 6600 and msi bluetooth dongle.

i've just given up trying to get it to work.

i used this guide to set mine up - it worked once but it was completely by random

http://deviceadvice.info/phone/nokia/7650/howto/

give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

thanks, tried it to no avail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

I was going to bang my head against a wall but found this info and resolved most matters.

Linky

See if anything here helps works.

I had lots of trouble with my bluetooth since installing xp sp2 so the guides here helped me.

Edit:Just to let you know that the Mrouter is compatible with your 6600 so there shouldnt be any problems there.Trouble shoot for the Mrouter
    Mrouter Genuine Site(New updates)
    In advanced settings on the mrouter see if the com port is the same as your bluetooth and on general settings see what software Mrouter is using for bluetooth.(Mine uses widcomm im not sure what yours is)That may be the problem why it isnt finding your device.

And same goes for Pc suite(See what software its using to find the bluetooth devices.But yours is probaly diffrent to mine so i could be wrong.(Im using a belkin dongle)

Advertisement