Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcvp

Options
  • 20-08-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I didn't do LCVP for LC, but out of 3/4 classes in my school who took it, no one got a Distinction and most got Unsuccessful. Has anyone else heard of similar situations regarding LCVP this year, or stats on how many got a distinction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

in my school almost everyone got a distinction and the rest got merits!!! I thought it was really easy to get a distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

12 people in my LCVP class got distinctions and as for as I know, nobody failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

My whole year has been made do it. I'm going into 5th year (6th year) and i think most of the class will not get a distinction. There are far too many people for the teachers to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

I got a distinction as did about 90% of the class.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

fearcruach wrote:
    My whole year has been made do it. I'm going into 5th year (6th year) and i think most of the class will not get a distinction. There are far too many people for the teachers to deal with.

Getting a distinction in LCVP isn't all that hard. Really just have half a notion for the written paper and bull****. Then the Portfolio is pretty easy as long as you use the guidelines given.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

i was disappointed wit d merit i got. considering i got 100% in my mock written paper i was sorta countin on d distinction. turned out i didnt need to use d points even if i had got a distinction but still dont see why i didnt...

oh well i guess ill get over it :D GMIT here i come!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

Yeah most people get distinctions or merits. I think 'unsuccessful' is a really cruel way of putting it! Exactly what you don't want to see when you open your results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard_Fonzie

I got a merit. Which is pretty suprising, since my project work was perfect. Although I did make all of it up, so that might have been obvious :).

Advertisement