Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picking up business...

Options
  • 20-08-2005 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

i'm going into 6th year and I'm thinking of picking up business and doing it myself at home! I'm pretty motivated and focused...but is it do-able?? I didn't do it for JC but i did it in TY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

well i picked it up in november of 6th year,did it previously at JC and got a b2 in it

i found the course was the easiest of any of the subjects that i did and did the least study for that exam than anything else

so basically if you put in the time then yes its very do-able

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

True story: my friend picked up bus. for L.C. just after christmas-privately.no lie he got a B3 for 5 odd months learning a 2 year course.He's no brainiac either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

thanks guys!!!!! ok i think i will pick it up...perhaps!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

No prob. happy to help. I live to give :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I've the opposite story. Picked it up last year, thought it was the easiest subject ever and was sure I'd gotten an A turned out to be a C3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

It is definitely do-able!
    You only have to learn the sections you like best as you can avoid questions on sections you don't like in the exam!
    by far the easiest subject for lc, imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

It was the easiest but people shouldn't be fooled into thinking it's so easy that they can't go wrong. The subject and the exam paper are two different things. I believe some people have the same impression of business as a lot of people used to have of Home Ec that it would be an easy A. It's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

GDM wrote:
    It was the easiest but people shouldn't be fooled into thinking it's so easy that they can't go wrong. The subject and the exam paper are two different things. I believe some people have the same impression of business as a lot of people used to have of Home Ec that it would be an easy A. It's not.
    thanks for your advice!!! But a C3 is ok too like...at least u didn't fail it, ya no!?! I'll do my best anyway and let u all no next august how i get on! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Gileadi wrote:
    well i picked it up in november of 6th year and got a b2 in it

i found the course was the easiest of any of the subjects that i did and did the least study for that exam than anything else

same with me...well slighly edited...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lestats_bride

My opinion is that is is the most do-able subject!

It's just a matter of understanding a definition and then working on advantages, disadvantages etc. Its just all common sense i promise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement