Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Hovercrafts???

Options
  • 20-08-2005 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

RC Hovercrafts anyone? Has anyone any info at all about where to get a good one. I've wanted one since I don't even remember when so if anyone knows anything that can point me in the right direction please post :)

Thanks a mil.

Ry

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

It's a question that turns up regularly, but the first time I've seen it here on boards.
    Do a search something like rchovercraft.co.uk or similar will get a hit.

They aren't that brill, the toy ones, due to a low power - to - weight - ratio.
    But they DO work ... kinda ... if you know what I mean.
    People who buy the ready made ones start trying to sell them again after 2-3 months or so.

All of the good electric ones I've seen have been built by air-modellers who had higher power batteries than the others, or else they were advised by an aeromodeller, and made from their own design.

With glowfuel there would be no problem, but it'll cost a lot more.
    I would suggest you check out designs, plans & so on, and make your own.
    Then the components can be taken out later and used for another model after you have worked out the "hover" bug out of your system

Thinking of experience building-wise here.....Have you made anything in balsa wood so far?

Advertisement