Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Probably a dumb question about batteries...

• 20-08-2005 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Just bought a charger and some rechargeable batteries (2350 mAh)...the charger is supposed to be one of those auto-off yokes that switch to a trickle charge when the batteries are fully charged...the charger delivers 180 mA btw. Now, the thing has been charging for about 30 hours and the LEDs indicating "fully charged" have still not switched off! I used a net-based recharge calculator and worked out that a 2350 mAh battery should take about 18 hours to fully charge....and here's the dumb question: since I have four of these batteries sitting in the charger, should I multiply that time by 4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

jwb1 wrote:
    Just bought a charger and some rechargeable batteries (2350 mAh)...the charger is supposed to be one of those auto-off yokes that switch to a trickle charge when the batteries are fully charged...the charger delivers 180 mA btw. Now, the thing has been charging for about 30 hours and the LEDs indicating "fully charged" have still not switched off!
    I have a Uniross X-Press 1000. The 'charging' LED flashes during charging, but then stays on when the charging is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

bedlam wrote:
    No you dont need to increase the time. What is the charger? It should charge them all in parallel. Some chargers have a switch to charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time, make sure you are using the correct setting. Give the batteries a go, discharge them and then try it again and see if the light goes out. Maybe try with a smaller capacity battery (800, 1300mAh) if the problem persists it could be that the charger is faulty

Thanks for this advice. The charger is a Hahnel PowerStation TC Max 2 (made in Bandon, Cork incidentally - but sold internationally). I will use the batts and run them down and try again. The charger manual cautions against using batteries under 1800 mAh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I'm amazed at the number of chargers that don't have fully charged indicator. Or that won't overcharge. Its hard to get a decent charger.

Advertisement