Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 crazyhorse1980

Tried Herald small ads also .. nobody ANY ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tried Herald small ads also .. nobody ANY ideas?

Take it from me, selling your car privately can take a long while :(

The Herald is normally pretty good. You might also consider putting it in the Indo as well, I think you get a deal if you advertise in the two of them at the same time.

Car Buyers Guide is also quite good, you get a good online presence as well as the weekly magazine.

If your car is indeed well priced compared to the other ones for sale, then hopefully you will get a few callers.

There are also a few sites that you can advertise for free on - don't know if you will get much traffic, but it's free. Will dig out some links when I am back in work if you want.

Good luck with sale.

Eoin

thanks Eoin,

I put it in the Herald and I think I'll just keep renewing that - €30 for 3 days :(

Sounds like u had to wait for a while also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Crazyhorse,

There is also www.carsireland.ie which is free.

:)

thanks Eoin,

I put it in the Herald and I think I'll just keep renewing that - €30 for 3 days :(

Sounds like u had to wait for a while also?

Has been a while alright... Got most of my queries through CBG - but be sure to pay for a photo advert, and if you want to splash out, go for a premium advert. This means that your car will appear in the first page of results if it is searched for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Sorry to go a teenie bit off topic, but;

Isn't really annoying when you place an ad, and other magazines start ringing you to advertise with them! :mad:

got three calls :D from car magazines looking to sell ad space :mad:

got three calls :D from car magazines looking to sell ad space :mad:

It's very frustrating - especially as they make it sound like they are a normal punter interested in the car until they tell you where they are from. If you can fit it in to the advert, probably worth saying "no canvassers". If they still ring you, at least you have a valid reason to bollock them out of it...

Unless they are that crowd from the UK looking for your credit card no. then bollock them out of it anyway!

Advertisement