Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the official back to school thread!!!

Options
  • 20-08-2005 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

how is everyone feeling going bk to school, facing your final year (or 5th year as it may be)???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

OMG.
    teh OFFICIAL thread?
    Are you the new mod that seamus was looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

nope!!!

I just thought that as it woz the only back to school thread so far i might as well make it official...!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

how is everyone feeling going bk to school, facing your final year (or 5th year as it may be)???

i just really want to get this year over and done with! im jus getting really anxious!!lets hope time will fly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Ah, my final year. Back in a bleedin' week.

Can't believe how fast Summer went but at the same time am looking forward to getting this riri agus ruaille buaille over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Me three, i just wanna get through this year fast as possible, the sooner the better, once i leave the kip im free!!! (well aside for work, college etc...) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

The first few days shall be good then just back to the normal routine....BORING!!!
    Oh well. It has to be done. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

haha, hate dat :P lol, just kiddin ;) Seriously guys, everyone I know thought 6th year was the best year. It's a real laugh, and you get to know the whole year, any cliques kinda break down, it's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

The first few days shall be good then just back to the normal routine....BORING!!!
    Oh well. It has to be done. :mad:
    you'll be shocked at how quick the teachers get back into working.

normally in my school we went back wednesday and didn't start proper work until the following monday but when i got into 6th year that changed. we got homework from every teacher on the first day, and it continued like that for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Let me be the first to say, haha suckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Cremo wrote:

normally in my school we went back wednesday and didn't start proper work until the following monday but when i got into 6th year that changed. we got homework from every teacher on the first day, and it continued like that for the rest of the year.
    oh god are u serious?!? noooooooooooooo!!!!

wel perhaps that woz jst in ur school....*fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Count me in too...

Oh god i'm really dreading this year! :eek:
    The only thing on my agenda this year is improving my maths and oral irish....because i'm so bad at them :o

Well i just hope it's a good year for all of us

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Cremo wrote:

Ha i got that in 5th year, homework in nearly every subject on the first day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Cremo wrote:

Oh dear, I am not in the mood to be getting homework the first day back.

Although I am intrigued by the mystery and wonders of sixth year.

Ah, well this time next year we'll be getting our results, hitching up our pants and painting the town red.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

This year is going to suck immensely. My stupid school is making everyone do LCVP. Everyone. I don't know if it's the same in the rest of the country but i really don't wan't to do it. We did in 4th year (5th year) and it sucks. I didn't do business for a reason. The boredom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

Oh, I can't wait to get back, Once I am back I will hate it but for now I'm looking forward to giving up work. I've got to try really hard to work on my languages! Why on earth do I do irish and french!! Also I'll have to try and resist the constant "it would be so much easier in pass you know Amay" even though I never fail.

I'm sure we will get homework on the first day, it is sixth year and all, only one more year and the big scary leaving cert and all that, on the bright side the teachers may spend so much time lecturing on the first day that they wont do anything new.

The leaving cert itself should be ok as well, it will be nice to finish the course and be revising in class from time to time, an the way we know the marking scheme should make it only easier. And once thats over who knows, maybe we will get to go to college (although I still have to convince my parents of that!)

Advertisement