Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any 'fun' games about at the moment??

Options
  • 20-08-2005 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭

Love something i can pick up and play, ive a great spec pc with an average (9800 pro) video card.

ive played pes5 to death but not much else, any fun games that will play well on this card?

Silly qn a bit i realise but i cant think of anything, i used to love zelda etc on the n64

doesnt have to be a new game just something immersive and 'fun!!'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

get a genisis emulator and get some games(that you legally own), i reccommend puggsy, zero tolerance, micromachines, and the sonic's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/922157.asp?q=Psychonauts

Superb game and sounds right up your alley.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

thanks lads, might try get psychonauts in town tmrw

any others recs?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Trackmania is good. Its sequal, Trackmania Sunrise is also meant to be good, tho I haven't played the second one yet.

There was an old game in the 90's called "Stunt". This looks like an updated version, basiclly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

AvP 2
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Call of Duty
    Far Cry

Check out classics like Grim Fangdango

I thought these games were amazingly great fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Alien Hominid!!!1!1one!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Day of the Tentacle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Cyrus wrote:
    thanks lads, might try get psychonauts in town tmrw

any others recs?
    didn't realise that was out for the pc :)

i'd heartily recommend "Beyond good and evil". damn fine game (kind of sucky on the pc if you don't have a joypad though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Psychonauts isn't out in Europe yet, but if you order a PC copy online, it'll work fine. So I've been told.

Also, this week, I have been mostly loving Super Mario Pac and Warning Forever, two homebrew PC freebies. Wonderful little high score games.

I've also been playing a lot of Crash Bandicoot 2, but I'm far too embarrassed to admit to that here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

[QUOTE=I've also been playing a lot of Crash Bandicoot 2, but I'm far too embarrassed to admit to that here.[/QUOTE]

Ahh you admited it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gradius V

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Cyrus wrote:
    ive played pes5 to death but not much else, any fun games that will play well on this card?
    Played Pro Evo Soccer 5 to death?, on the PC ?

:eek: Egads that game is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sorry pes 4 lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Rhyme wrote:
    :eek: Egads that game is amazing

Another pair of Kenta Cho (aka ABA Games) fans! *smile*

Check out Every Extend!! (in my sig)

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Another pair of Kenta Cho (aka ABA Games) fans! *smile*

Check out Every Extend!! (in my sig)
    Yeh i got that as soon as you posted it as a competition... took a bit of exploring to find the damn thing. This ones better though, the 'd' button is invaluable... level 18 and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

That was my fault; I fixed the link up & everthing since, but nobody seems to post scores.
    Of course, that could be because my Hi-scores is half-godly (some Japanese player got 5.8 million or similar, though :eek: )

I still prefer Kenta Cho's "http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=1&url=http%3A//www.asahi-net.or.jp/%7Ecs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html&ei=GCcLQ9y8OIW-wgGokczIDQ " to Warning Forever; more fun, random & feels "skill-less" (ie, you don't know what you're doing, but you know you're doing something right :) )

Just hold UP...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement