Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returner Question

Options
  • 20-08-2005 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi, the knowledgeable amongst you must be sick and tired of these sort of questions.....but I'm looking to return to leisure cycling. Live beside the Phoenix Park...and looking at weekend runs...that's all.

I want drop handlebars, but I could not justify a fancy roadbike. Difficult to find hybrids with drop-bars at an affordable price. I've seen no-brand bikes for E395 in some local-ish shops...then saw a Raleigh AirLight 100 for E495 in EuroCycles (advertised at E580 in Cycle SuperStore). I see however that Cycle SuperStore are advertising a 60cm (I am tall) Claud Butler San Remo '05 for E579. Would this be a better bet than the Raleigh ??. It's about the top-end of my budget...so suggestions of going higher are surplus to requirements !. I've also checked out the McConvey site....and not sure if the amount of use I'm planning justifies the hassle of the journey. Finally, I've drawn a blank on the second-hand option.

Thanks for listening !!....and any suggestions appreciated.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Do you really need drop bars? I've seldom used the drops for spins.
    re: secondhand bikes, you could try this guy, Kevin Martin @ 04341656.
    He has about half a dozen two to three year old beginner road bikes from lads that have moved on to better bikes or given up entirely. Might not have a bike that big though, but try him any way, seems pretty OK for prices.

Cassiel

Advertisement