Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music Review websites

• 21-08-2005 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does anyone know any good music review websites? When I want to buy an album i like to hear reviews from my peers and stuff. I know of one

www.rateyourmusic.com

does anyone else know any other good ones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Music and much more on Pop Matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/
    http://www.allmusic.com

Amazon is OK for a reference, but people who post reviews are normally big fans of the artists they're reviewing (so they're ever so slightly biased)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 the dice man

www.metacritic.com is the only one you'll need (as long as it has the album your looking for that is!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I was going to say metacritic, it's a good site. Thanks to metacritic I heard of Stylus Magazine which is a really good one. And, of course, there's always Pitchfork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I review for brainwashed.com, so I heartily recommend that. Stylus is really good too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

That's deadly that you review for Brainwashed. They host Godspeed, like *swoon*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'm living the dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I really like this site, its worth checking out

Adrian's Album Reviews

Hope the link works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Another vote for pitchforkmedia.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭SBob

I always use www.allmusic.com, sometimes they can be a little behind on new releases but they are very broad minded and cover everything (hense the domain name)
    Plus the beatles seem to be number 1 in their eyes so they must be alright ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement