Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT & NetGear DG834G

• 21-08-2005 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

Anybody using Esat Bt with a DG834G? Have you had any problems?

Some of the other posts recommend it but I want to be sure it will work with Esat's broadband. Sorry, if this is answered somewhere else, I couldn't find a specific answer.

B.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yip. Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

is that a wireless router then you have to configure your connection settings on the router :) its best to ring BT if you dont have a clue about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

I am worried about it connecting to Esat Bt (the adsl modem) part.

Thanks for the help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Don't, it's fine. Although I wouldn't buy a DG834G again because I've found the AP a bit weak-kneed, the DSL portion of the device works fine and is easy to configure. I've run this one for two years now on two different providers and I've never had a problem. However if you're looking for a powerful AP, you might want to consider something else.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭greys

Works perfectly, I've been with IOL/EsatBT for more than a year now, and in that time - no problems with DG834G at all.

Although I agree with dahamsta about the AP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Might also be worth having a look at this linksys model or the wag54g which seems to be basically the same model in an older fashioned box. They are about 20 euros cheaper than theh netgear and are adsl2 ready if you eventually go to Smart

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

greys wrote:
    Works perfectly, I've been with IOL/EsatBT for more than a year now, and in that time - no problems with DG834G at all.

Although I agree with dahamsta about the AP.

I 3rd this
    been using mine on BT Business for about 15 months now...

Advertisement