Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response from ASAI re Eircoms Time "BB"

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sponge Bob wrote:
    I see no reason to withdraw this comment. The ASAI are a pack of tools in my opinion and are neither honest nor trustworthy in their role.

The ASAI finds against the same companies again and again because the same companies reoffend all the time. Yet the ASAI does not bring in a fast track procedure to deal with these liars , preferring instead to kill off all comment on these lies in the media by issuing misleading and incomplete interim decisions and insisting on secrecy for this farce :( .

The ASAI should cop itself on and do something serious against persistent offenders , they know who these are .

I speak as someone who never lost a 'case' with the ASAI but I feel that the ASAI are useless ......or worse.:mad:

They are fair game for anyone who wants to say it like it is IMO !
    I agree that the ASAI is a toothless dog that should have been put down years ago. When is the govt going to properly going to regulate the industry with real penalities and sanctions for persistant offenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Bond-007 wrote:
    I agree that the ASAI is a toothless dog that should have been put down years ago. When is the govt going to properly going to regulate the industry with real penalities and sanctions for persistant offenders?
    Ryanair seem to think so too...
    The advertisers [Ryanair] requested copies of complaints that the ASAI Secretariat had received from consumers. The Secretariat wrote to the advertisers and informed them that the matter arose as a result of general monitoring. The advertisers stated that as there had not been any consumer complaints they would be ignoring the ASAI’s intervention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

viking wrote:
    Ryanair seem to think so too...

This bit sez it all and proves that we can treat the ASAI with the contempt it really deserves (rather than fall out with each other like :D)

The advertisers EG Ryanair stated that as there had not been any consumer complaints they would be ignoring the ASAI’s intervention.

It should shoot itself and then drown itself like a good dog....as should Comreg too in the interests of balance and fairness.

Advertisement