Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 2 Problem

Options
  • 21-08-2005 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I'm running WinXP Pro with SP2. I have a Pentium 4 3.2GHz processor, 1024MB DDR RAM, DX9.0c and 73.5GBs of empty HDD.

I installed Diablo 2. The installer ran fine. However, when I ran the game, the screen went black... and did nothing else. I tried different installation methods: still nothing.

On another PC, which is a Win2k/Win98(It has Win2k installed, but thinks it's Win98) with DX9.0b, 128MB RAM, Pentium 3 2.4GHZ and 3 GB HDD free, it ran fine, until I installed Lords of Destruction. Then, everytime I started up Diablo 2, it went to a black screen with a white box cursor, like in DOS.

Could someone please tell me how I can get the game working again? I want to get my character up and running again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

With the first Q, exact same thing happened to me. When you're in the graphics options choose Direct Draw (I think thats what its called) and then hopefully it'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Aye, same as grimloch, just chose the other graphic option than the one that was giving me the black screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

When that happened to me I patched it and then everything was fine.

Advertisement