Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a web designer

Options
  • 21-08-2005 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just a quick favour, would somebody please be able to recommend a web designer. I say recommend because I have problems with people approaching me before so I simply want recommendations of other designers.

I will need a design which will include:
    -**-User Blog and personal web page private (to keep private notes) and public (so others can read their blogs etc)
    -**-Chat room
    -**-User Forum

This personal blog will probably require quite allot of web space?

It will need to be very well designed and the same user login should work with everything throughout the site.

There will be allot more to the site aswell. I need the designer to be able to do ANYTHING I request so full knowledge of web tools, flash design etc is necessary.

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

If you're looking for a blog, chat room and forum then what you really need is a Web Developer and not a Designer, surely? Mind you, you can get a lot of these things completely free online. For a forum, try http://www.phpbb.com. For a blog, try http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype/. Not too sure about a chat room but do a Google search and you're bound to find a load of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

Hi,
    thanks but this is for a professional business website, not a personal website, I want somebody, even a company, that can do anything I ask. I'm just looking for a good company/individual who can do it. I know a man who runs a succesful web development company, I would gladly go with him, his work is professional and his pricing is excellent compared to some of the prices I have been quoted. He says anything is possible and his portfolio looks well. I also know he wouldn't mess me around.

So I'm basically looking for some recommendations of an individual/company who can design my site professionally. I do not have any knowledge of web design and I wouldn't put this task in my own hands as I want it done 100% right.

Thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭kstanl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I may be interested. What type of flash work do you think would be involved?

I submitted my service here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=291886&goto=newpost

My design skills are good, designing a blog system would not be a problem. I really see no point in programming a user forum when there are professional ones out there already like PHPBB like said above. Never write something that is already written. Waste of time.

As for the chat room, same goes for that. Any free or pay one will be good. Just implement it into the design.

Maybe if you'd like to give us more information here, there are a lot of guys on boards here that would be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Webmonkey :
    I say recommend because I have problems with people approaching me before so I simply want recommendations of other designers.

What part of that do you not understand ... sometimes i wonder! :confused:

• Advertisement

Ok i only noticed that now. Anyways good luck with finding someone/company

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://www.spoiltchild.com would have all the skills you require and more. They were nominated for a BAFTA for their Flash work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Spoiltchild rock.

They they are good. Really nice work imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

Hi,
    thanks but this is for a professional business website, not a personal website, I want somebody, even a company, that can do anything I ask. I'm just looking for a good company/individual who can do it. I know a man who runs a succesful web development company, I would gladly go with him, his work is professional and his pricing is excellent compared to some of the prices I have been quoted. He says anything is possible and his portfolio looks well. I also know he wouldn't mess me around.

So I'm basically looking for some recommendations of an individual/company who can design my site professionally. I do not have any knowledge of web design and I wouldn't put this task in my own hands as I want it done 100% right.

Thanks!!!

So why not just use your man there then? :rolleyes:
    and the same user login should work with everything throughout the site.

heh - how fun
    ok you want a forum, chatroom and blog -- hmm yeah - check out Invision Power Board, They have Gallery, Forums, chatroom and I do believe they either provide a blog system or can incorparate it. For what your wanting there - thats who I would use, especially as you want one global 'Login' system. i.e. you login to one section you log in to all. Best there is IMO.
    way superior to phpbb or punbb, yabb gold sort of equals them but personally I use them and never have problems except when I'm messin with things I shouldn't :rolleyes: lol

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

Thanks for the replies. Oh and the guy I know can't he's busy up till about 2007, he gets 3 hours sleep per 24 hours so he's up to his ears. Loaded though :rolleyes: He offered a site redesign for about £800, starting at £200 and said altogether it would be about £800.

I got a budget inquiry from one of the above companies asking where between 20 and 200 thousand could I afford :eek:

I was thinking more of around 3K really. Could somebody please link me to a site that costs about 3-5K, a site that would cost about 20K, 100K and 200K. I'd love to know what would cost 200K :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thanks for the replies. Oh and the guy I know can't he's busy up till about 2007, he gets 3 hours sleep per 24 hours so he's up to his ears. Loaded though :rolleyes: He offered a site redesign for about £800, starting at £200 and said altogether it would be about £800.

I got a budget inquiry from one of the above companies asking where between 20 and 200 thousand could I afford :eek:

I was thinking more of around 3K really. Could somebody please link me to a site that costs about 3-5K, a site that would cost about 20K, 100K and 200K. I'd love to know what would cost 200K :confused:

Here you are man www.outsourcefactory.com , very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Zentoad

Having gone through the pains of getting a site developed recently, I would suggest that you get structure and functionality right first. Go for look and feel afterwards.

//Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

This personal blog will probably require quite allot of web space?

No. In any case, storage is rather cheap.
    I need the designer to be able to do ANYTHING I request

Oh, dear.

Also, you seem to be confused as to the distinction between a developer and a designer.

£800 is completely unrealistic, especially if you're not willing to settle for off-the-shelf solutions, as you indicated above. In fact, your specification is open-ended enough that you may have trouble getting a flat rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

rsynnott wrote:
    £800 is completely unrealistic, especially if you're not willing to settle for off-the-shelf solutions, as you indicated above. In fact, your specification is open-ended enough that you may have trouble getting a flat rate.

I totally agree. If you are not willing to accept an already developed and tested product and want a custom solution, I doubt you will find any company willing to do that work for your budget.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Zentoad: What. The. Hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement