Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any students of IT TALLAGHT?

Options
  • 21-08-2005 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

:))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Im an ITT student. and id say there is a good few on boards. Y got a question about the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Girl21 wrote:
    :))

Here's a linky but it doesn't seem to have much activity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I'm in ITT, unfortunately..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

I'm going into 4th year computing in ITT

rb_ie wrote:
    I'm in ITT, unfortunately..
    It is a bit of a hole compared to some colleges

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i'm in ITT i wouldn't say it's a hole persay... it is what you make of it tbh. i don't think its that bad! :D

I hate it tbh, won't go into it but if you're interested as to why, check out the last threads in the IT Tallaght forum, they'd be from like last october or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

rb_ie wrote:
    I hate it tbh, won't go into it but if you're interested as to why, check out the last threads in the IT Tallaght forum, they'd be from like last october or whatever.
    so it obviously wasn't your first choice thats crap. the only thing that annoys me are the cliques! so frustrating :mad:

which cliques?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

ye should try to get your it tallaght forum going and make it popular guys

• Advertisement

I used it last year, like 6 people at max posted onto it, not worth it, should be taken off boards IMO.

do you guys have your own message board on a college website or something?

Lol no,
    They wouldn't put a forum on the college site and also, they've all internet forums banned from access in the college, including boards :rolleyes:

rb_ie wrote:
    Lol no,
    They wouldn't put a forum on the college site and also, they've all internet forums banned from access in the college, including boards :rolleyes:

lousy!!! i never heard of a college doing that. that's crap.

Yeah, the whole college is crap, go figure.

rb_ie wrote:
    Lol no,
    not only fourms but you cant access any email except for the student email

Yeah that's totally retarded.And, our student mail sucks, i mean, whats the sceal with the addresses [email]X00044444@itnet.ie....oh[/email] its so great, just like everything else in the college :rolleyes:

I think the title of this thread should be changed to 'anyone from ITT so we can bitch about it'
    the orignal poster hasnt even replied

you cant look up hotmail or anything? i honestly have never heard of that in any other college. there must have been trouble a while back or something for them to ban all that? the only thing banned on our pcs in maynooth is chatrooms i think.

yep no hotmail, no instant messengers, no forums (even though boards has a forum dedicated to the college)....no streaming audio/video...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Girl21

Well..actually I can say nothing about ITT because I've never been there yet...but I'm coming to Dublin to study there as Erasmus Exchange Student...:)

What can you say interesting about this Institute? maybe sth about student acivity, sport? Is is really so good as it is written on ITT web site?
    I regret there are no forums, etc on their site...I like to get to know new ppl and I had to post it here on boards.ie.

To be completely honest,
    No, there is absolutely nothing interesting to do in the college.There in a "Student Union" building that is actually a wooden shack, with two low grade pool tables(which are nearly always in use), a couch and a dvd player.
    You'll most likely have ridiculous time tables, some of my lectures last semester had 3-5 hour breaks in between them, so the majority of the time i went home and didnt come back in.
    What can I say thats interesting about the institute?Well an interesting fact is that they've a student body of 2500 people and the capacity for 1500, which says alot.
    Oh and I hope you like grey brick walls because theres no paint in the colllege either.

Heh..the building..never mind..I don't care about it, but I hope ppl will be welcoming:P In my last college there were about 90% of girls...hope here in ITT is another proportion:) :p
    But this timetable can be a bit disturbing...as I want to take part-time job...we'll see:)

Have a nice day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

My sister was Presitend of the Students Union in IT tallaght two years ago!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Oh god how I would hate to go to ITT, especially reading what you're saying! Do you all live near it? Getting there from Killiney-abouts would be hell

no its a 45 minute bus trip every morning, and the bus is dodgy, could be 40 mins late some days so you're waiting basically an hour at the bus stop most mornings...then again...i very rarely went in last year :D

whoo, 600th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

well im there 2 years now and am going into 3rd year, id say that as far as socials and sport go tallaght is pretty good. They do make efforts to help new students in their first year, and well the women... there all pretty hot. Ive got friends in DIT UCD Trinity Maynooth and they all agree that the women in Tallaght are something else. Most lecturers are very good at what they do but i will admit there are a few dic*heads. Anyone else want to share their experience ???

weedhead wrote:
    well im there 2 years now and am going into 3rd year, id say that as far as socials and sport go tallaght is pretty good. They do make efforts to help new students in their first year, and well the women... there all pretty hot.

I have to disagree about the women, in my year(going into 2nd) theres like 4 at most!verry disappointing.

Freshers week should be good again, i hate the redbox with a passion but it was a bit of a laugh last year so ill probably go again this year.

• Advertisement

And are there any girls over here? Maybe something about boys???;p;p;p

As Echxange student I can choose between courses of 1st,2nd,3rd,....year, nothing regular....so it is possible that I meet some of you during classes (if you will attend them of course:P)
    to rb_ie: if buses are late every morning, would it be better to find accommodation near LUAS right?

Advertisement