Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any students of IT TALLAGHT?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Lol judging by the charade that was my repeat exam today, i've alot of doubt in my mind that I'll be back in Tallaght in September....have to see though, maybe i did scrape the 40%.

I'm not leaving my current accomodation!I live with my parents rent free, I get dinner every night and on top of my wages from work i get money from the rents to help me along!

When are you arriving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Girl21

Well, I meant that I will be looking for long-term accommodation and I think I choose the option with LUAS to make the life easier...I hate waiting for the bus.
    I'm arriving on 3rd September...on 5th there is sth like Orientation for Socrates Students. I heard it's kinda boring, but I would like to get to know all those things connected with studying there.
    Have a nice day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

weedhead wrote:
    Most lecturers are very good at what they do but i will admit there are a few dic*heads. Anyone else want to share their experience ???

Do spill :) I know some of the lecturers, interested to hear if any of them fit into that category

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭air_vent

I worked in the applied sciences dept for the summer. Its a nice place actually, all the ****e heads drop out after christmas or before second year so I'm told all my mates go there.

The internet is crap out there really pissed me off but a bit of advidce use this to get to some of those banned sited

https://

the (s) is for secure and bypasses some blocks but not yahoo or boards there banned manually by admin but the rest are barred because of content thats how i got to my trinity account and gmail and some other stuff!!!

Good place to go for certain corses. Science is good outhere if your not going for the research side of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jazzbandit

well, I guess you all should have done a little more work for the leaving cert and gone to a university shouldnt you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

jazzbandit wrote:
    well, I guess you all should have done a little more work for the leaving cert and gone to a university shouldnt you ;)

Lol very true...if only i'd done some work in 6th year I wouldn't be where I am today...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

rb_ie, you know nothing about the college yet after a year? There are messageboards for the college. http://www.it-netsoc.ie Sign up to the netsoc on Clubs and Socs day to get an account. There's nothing wrong with the college. Maybe if you spent more time studying and less time slacking off you wouldn't be bored.

And jazzbandit, please refrain from commenting on a college you know nothing about, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jazzbandit

Hey,I know loads about IT tallaght.
    Im from tallaght, so i see the people or whatever who use it. I even used to use it while i was a student at a university. I'd come back to tallaght and go up there to study during the holidays. The muppets even made u leave ur bag outside the library in case u nicked the books or the librarian!!! I mean, whats that all about. Tools.

But its not the end of the world if u go there. I have a mate who went there, and now he has a job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Insert name____

jazzbandit wrote:
    Hey,I know loads about IT tallaght.
    Im from tallaght, so i see the people or whatever who use it. I even used to use it while i was a student at a university. I'd come back to tallaght and go up there to study during the holidays. The muppets even made u leave ur bag outside the library in case u nicked the books or the librarian!!! I mean, whats that all about. Tools.

But its not the end of the world if u go there. I have a mate who went there, and now he has a job.

The bit that surprises me in what you said is "...I have a mate"...seriously?? With that attitude!?!? :confused:

Anywho...just finished 4 years in Tallaght, and loved every minute of it. This is mostly coz of the friends I made though. The students union are pretty poor when it comes to organising nights out etc, but as far as I know the erasmus students have a lot of nights out themselves, more than the rest of the peeps.
    THey need to get a decent president though who'll get more computers etc. Ken was great but Lane and last yrs one (dont even know his name which says it all) were pretty poor in my opinion.
    I think the reason so many sites are banned is coz they havent got enough computers so they try to deter people from using them unnessicarily (sp)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

There are a lot of computers though, unless you're a business student :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Insert name____

Giblet wrote:
    There are a lot of computers though, unless you're a business student :D

Yeah business students hardly ever get near the computers. You havta just chance your arm and try to sit in there while a class is going on around you,..but if Noel Brennan or Pat Donnelly are lecturing you dont wanna chance it! Scary men! :)
    They defo need more computers for the business students. Its impossible to sit down with your ca group and do any work etc cos theres never any spare computers.

Advertisement