Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6680 and laptop to email

• 21-08-2005 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭

Hi, I use my 6680 to connect laptop to web. I can get to websites using explorer, collect email from account but cannot send email from any accounts? Any ideas on how to fix this?

OK
    Post Paid Vodafone
    Error message says cannot open from outbox
    One of accounts requires authencation so I will go talk to administrator there also.
    Will try to change smtp setting and see if this works. As I am off to India in Nov I would like to have this working as a backup in case I cannot get access to other connection points. Probably being extra cautious but there you go.
    Thanks for help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, going through the Qs asked in this sticky, can help get you a faster/accurate reply:
    About to ask how to get connected for Web/WAP/Email/MMS/Bluetooth etc.

but assuming you are connecting with Vodafone Post-Pay, try changing your SMTP (outgoing mail) server to mail.vodafone.ie (although you'll have to revert back to your present SMTP if connecting through another ISP/Work Network)

however, if the current SMTP server you use allows authentication, then you may be able to enter the log-in details for it in your email settings and use it connected through any ISP - or your current SMTP server may be set to unlock when you check your incoming email (POP/IMAP) allowing you a certain time period after checking email to send email from the same connection - check with the ISP/Comp Support personnel who supply your email account for info on either of those options

Advertisement