Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopefully tattoo on Monday

Options
  • 21-08-2005 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hoping to get a wee tattoo on the inside of my right wrist! I had an appointment for Monday in Celestial Ring with Debbie after a friend recommended her but after reading some threads I dont feel so sure and I aint getting a tattoo when i'm a bit worried about the outcome!

So now I have no appointment but wanna get it done 2moro as I had planned, would ya say I'd get an appointment with Zulu if I ring early? Think they'd be the best to go to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Zulu don't take appointments over the phone. Monday morning you should be able to just pop in no bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Yeah, found that out when I rang a second ago :(

I'll head in early 2moro so and see if they have an opening, doubt a small one would take up alot of their time

I went in there for a tattoo on a Satuday afternoon and they did it right there and then, Monday should be grand

Excellent! Ya happy with the result? They good?

edit: Oh, and it's my first and prolly my only tattoo btw

Oh, and it's my first and prolly my only tattoo btw
    Heh, famous last words...

Yeh I love the tattoo I got in there... granted it was quite simple and it's exactly what I had drawn out when I brought it in but I was tattooed by Justin and I've seen some of his work and it's excellent...

• Advertisement

so I've heard :P

I looked at some of the photos in Zulu and I was quite impressed, very nice :D

But I'm more confident in Zulu now, glad I browsed the topics here! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Dim in Snakebite didnt look too happy about doing a small piece so I was told not to go to a guy if ya can tell he doesnt wanna do it, and he was overcharging! But his stuff is beautiful! Great with color!

Reasons I went off Celestial Ring and Debbie:
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    I know enough about Celestial Ring now to know that they would be fine for a walkin, but not a studio where I would go to get a lot of work done.
    ven0m wrote:
    Celestial are fine for piercings - tattoos.... erm.... NO!!!!!

If Celestial & a blind leper who couldn't draw a dot were the last people on earth to give me a tattoo, I'd go with the leper...

besides - celestial's tattoo artists are well known in tattoo circles for ultra shady business such as taking flash, knicking photos from other studios & passing the work off as their own amongst other things...... plus they're talentless skin-draggers!!!!!!!
    Blub2k4 wrote:
    I did get some work done before by Debbie in Snakebite and she is now in CR, that said I had determined not to get any more work done by her....

After that I didnt wanna go to her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

She's not all that bad Mr Rivers, she just is not that good at the celtic stuff I wanted done and I had the feeling in one of the sessions that she wasn't arsed at all and I had taken a day off work to get it finished and only got an hour done, was pissed off about that big time.
    The session where she was not arsed also showed in the tat, that part has dirty lines and is fading a little in spots.
    In All though she has some beautiful artwork to be fair to her.

Too much uncertainty tho and if she's lazy then I definatly dont wanna go to her! :p

Plus there's a general concensus that Celestial Ring is for piercings, not tattoos. I didnt wanna go to CR for the tattoo in the first place but my friend is a friend of hers and recommended her. My feelings about CR mixed with the comments from you and ven0m just made me way too nervous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

I had a wrist tattoo done on wed at snakebite.
    I had done a rough sketch of what I wanted and denise went of and tidied it up.I was very happy with the design she came back with.
    I think the tattoo artist did a super job.He talked about exactly how,where and what colours I wanted.The place is clean and its done in private upstairs.
    So I am happy to reccommend snakebite.
    I had read that the wrist is a tough place to get tattooed cos it hurts a lot...
    but I got one on my lower back and that was a killer!

So your wrist wasnt even that bad? Intellesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I had a tattoo on the inside of my wrist about 6 weeks ago, and it stung a bit but was not what I would call pain.
    Very happy with the result, healed up beautifully with no problems at all.
    Go for it!

Well got it done! Wasnt sore really, just a dragging sensation! Real happy with the result :D

I shall post up pics later!

It was much less painful than I was expectin! Felt like having a tack dragged across my skin, nothin too bad!

Here's a pic of if from my phone after it was done: http://minds.nuim.ie/~rivers/mikado/firstdone.jpg

And here's one just now from my camera: http://minds.nuim.ie/~rivers/mikado/tattoo.JPG

Cling film still covering it

I'm well happy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Looks good.
    Where did u end up getting it done?

On my wrist! :D

Got it done in Zulu, nice and clean! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

I have a tattoo by debbie, and I am exceptionally pleased with it. Its not like its my first tattoo either - I have some by Dim and Mick also. She's done some really nice portraits too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

w00t pixies!!!
    nice tat, was considering getting that on my spine with the pumpkins logo.
    thumbs up for good taste. :):):)

Advertisement