Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Eclipse

Options
  • 21-08-2005 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Where would one go about looking for a Mitsubishi Eclipse?I have searched a few places but found nothing in the UK/Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

There all left hand drive, so best bet would be to look about importing one from America or look for one on the jap autions that came from America to Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Where would ya find the Jap Autions?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Eclipse is only on sale in North America where it is built. It shares alot of parts with a similar looking Dodge sports car. The car was never offically sold outside North Amercia.

Ah Nuts

there are some imported to england, try looking in the classified sections in the back of magazines such as Japanese Performance, Banzai and Jtuner.

• Advertisement

Cheers Delta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

the 3000gt is very similar looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

dogz wrote:
    the 3000gt is very similar looking

eh no its not, thats like saying a celica and a supra are very similar.

Power-gaff-dan
    $11k , thats pretty good - in dear old ireland you should be looking at "sensible" cars like puntos and micras considering our insurance and increasing petrol prices.

Anywho , theres a few eclipses floating around dublin (d15 to be precise) all on eastern european reg-plates , ive seen all 3 generations on the road . There was one in the buy and sell a while back (i think it might have been a gen 1 or 2) . If you really have your heart set you should just approach anybody you see driving one and im sure if you make a sensible offer they would be more than happy to negotiate.
    thats my 2 cents worth

The 3000gt/gto and the Eclipse are DSM cars which was a partnership between Mitsubishi and Chrysler. If your are going to import one I go for the 95'-99' model, with the 2.0 turbo(same as evo) but the down side it is fwd.
    Also you would have alot more trouble with insurance with a gto seeing as it has a 3.0 twin turbo v6.

• Advertisement

Well i no someone who imports stuff from US So getting one from America might not be as hard as i think. I Also love the Rx7's But with the rotary engine Insurance companys will NOT insure them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Well i no someone who imports stuff from US So getting one from America might not be as hard as i think. I Also love the Rx7's But with the rotary engine Insurance companys will NOT insure them.

Love the "NOT"... :rolleyes:

Since you see them on the road, someone must be insuring them. Besides there are faster more powerful cars registered, TVR's, porsches, ferraris etc. Then theres the fact that they HAVE to quote you by law. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

there are a couple of these in and around dublin and greater dublin - irish reg'd. also seeing more and more LT/LV/EST plated LHD ones

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

See a white one of these parked next to the Texaco station heading West on the N4 just after Liffey Valley.

i know a lad on a gto hes 24 5 years ncb and its only 1500 with all mods declared (dyno proven 377bhp) 176mph and a couple of 50 year old mid life crisis types with rx8s and its only 400 to insure :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

dogz wrote:
    i know a lad on a gto hes 24 5 years ncb and its only 1500 with all mods declared (dyno proven 377bhp) 176mph and a couple of 50 year old mid life crisis types with rx8s and its only 400 to insure :eek:

What insurance company are they with?

britton

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

http://www.japanesevehicles.com/tcl/en/vehicleDetails?vehicleId=55962

Looks nice and for small money. The ROS VRT calculator does'nt have the eclipse. The convertible is really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

why not consider a mitsubishi FTO , not a world apart and alot more readily available

• Advertisement
Advertisement