Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What computer spec do I need to play WoW?

• 21-08-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

:confused:
    I need to buy a computer that is fully adequate to play world of warcraft and obviously other things.
    I have been looking at a custom built system It has a:

:confused:Sempron HT 3000 processor , 512ram 120gig and graphics card GForce 6600
    dvd rw. and quoted a price of 585 euro.
    Do you think this is a good price and do you think this spec is suitable?

Please help me if you can because I know most shops can see me coming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

Well I play it on my laptop perfectly, 1.7GHz PM, 1GB RAM, 64MB Mobility Radeon 9700. Your specs look good, more RAM maybe? Long time since I've read up on graphic card capabilities but the 6600 looks reasonably good.

Google the gfx card for reviews and see how it compares to other existing ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

1.7Ghz eh?

Must be more ram dependant than processor depandant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

A Pentium 486DX, with 16MB RAM, 1GB Hard Drive, 5" Floppy Drive, and a Monochrome 14" monitor. I can sell you one with Windown 3.1 and a Dot Matrix Printer for only €1450.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 juliaharry

do you not think 512ram is enough? Is the Sempron HT 3000 better than PentiumIIII processor? Very short of money so need to get it right, please help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

512mb ram isn't enough. If you want to pvp with more than 5 people at once you'll get lagged to bits like me :(

Same in Ironforge :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

If you can get 1gig of ram, that seems to make the biggest difference to the game.

I played on a 1.8ghz p4 with 768 megs of ram and a gf4 and it was (to my mind) fine. That spec you're suggesting with a gig of ram would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 juliaharry

I think I'll get one stick of 512 ram and then later I can get another 512.

Advertisement