Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campus Trinity Halls - help me

• 21-08-2005 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Hi people I am hoping to apply for trinity campus tomorrow moring at 6 am and logged on to the website to see if i could see the questions of the form so I could have the answers ready for tomorrow, could anyone who is in tcd but not applying give me their cao number so i could check thm out, or anyone who has already applied as a returning student help me out thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

imho, i don't think it's a 'first come, first served' scenario - i think the distance from your home address to trinity is the main criteria.

I would but I'm on campus and it won't accept my Student Number. Sorry.

Link here if someone else wants to give it a shot.

https://tcdlocalportal.tcd.ie/pls/ola/ola_pub.ola.get_stud_no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Success!

There's a section for details:

-course of study
    -home address
    -correspondence address
    -date of birth

then there's:
    "Supporting Statement: (Plain text only. 1800 Chars Max.) Please indicate how you believe your application meets the advertised criteria for room allocation."

(i think you have to check the tcd accommadation home page to see what the criteria are)

then finally there's:
    "Hobbies and Interests (Max 500 characters)"

then it asks are you applying as
    -a scholar? (not appicable to first years)
    -non-EU?
    -other entitlements, list in supporting statement? (i'm guessing this covers stuff like students with disabilites, again the details are prob on the tcd accomadaion homepage).

then it asks you to choose between:
    -trinity hall standard single
    -th modern singls
    -th shared modern

if you want to share with specified ppl you have to list them and their student number, and they have to list you and your student number on their application.

apologies for my disjointed ramblings, funny things happened when i tried to copy and paste the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

wow thanks a million man, any ideas on answering the questions?

Well in order to sweeten cuckoo up, perhaps you shouldn't call her a man....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Sandals wrote:
    wow thanks a million man, any ideas on answering the questions?
    You want to let them know that you're going to get involved in the campus and Halls life. ie, that you're not some loser who's going to go straight home after lectures and sit inside and watch DVD's all day (if you are, don't bother applying, we don't want your kind in the Halls!! :p). So let them know of any interests you have and how you're going to tie them in with the societies in Trinity. Be different - they want a "multi-cultural, diverse atmosphere" (or something to that order) - show them how YOU'RE going to add to that, and how you're not another rocker/BOP/D4head/scanger/whatever. But don't lie, because they will check up on you..

how will they check up on me? will they ring clubs/schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gentleman_Thief

Sandals, I'm also applying for accommodation, but the website will not recognise my CAO number when it asks for "Student/CAO Number", saying:

"Unfortunately you either supplied an incorrect Student ID Number or, if a new entrant, an offer of a place on a Trinity College course has not been made. Please check your ID number and make a new application."

Did this ever happen to you? It's very frustrating......

Sandals, I'm also applying for accommodation, but the website will not recognise my CAO number when it asks for "Student/CAO Number", saying:

"Unfortunately you either supplied an incorrect Student ID Number or, if a new entrant, an offer of a place on a Trinity College course has not been made. Please check your ID number and make a new application."

Did this ever happen to you? It's very frustrating......

YEs dont worry, they wont allow us to apply until tomorrow, Tuesday. Very annoying.

Advertisement