Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snag after buying..

Options
  • 21-08-2005 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

I bought an apartment in temple court in santry- everything is fine except
    Sometimes
    1) Water comes back from the flue outside and drips from the gas boiler!!
    2) Water drips from the extractor hood on to the hob!

Any idea what maybe the cause- I think the gas flue needs a guard because water is dripping on to it.

Hard to get the developers to do anything about it- they are still on site but the guy there is pretty useless and keeps on fobbing me (and it appears, everybody else) off..

Would a solicitors letter be the best option before the developers scarper (which I think they may do)
    jd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

The problem sounds like a pretty standard one, I 'd guess it is a driving wind and rain just happen to hit that side of the building. A minor change to the outside vent will probably fix the problem.

To an extent the builder may not be at fault so you might be chasing your own tail on any kind of action as it is probably built to standard.

If you want to get the builder doing something you need to group together and maybe suggest you will protest by any show house if they are still selling. Anything that may slow down other sale completions will grab his attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

It appears that the flue and vent were not properly sealed, one line you may have is with Bord Gais as the boiler must meet very high safety standards when installed.

Water ingress would not qualify as a high standard so Bord Gais who approved the installer can remove the contractors (Sub-Contractors) "Approved Status".

AFAIK that would mean that every installation on that development would have to be certified at considerable by to the developer by Bord Gais.

Advertisement