Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Points points points...

Options
  • 21-08-2005 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Due out tomorrow. What'll go up? What'll go down? Speculate here and we'll see how things match up; it's not as though you have anything else to do post-LC students ;)...

Hoping economics, politics and law in DCU doesn't go up by too much... :-\ but I have a feeling it will!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Arts in Maynooth to go up
    Business and Management DIT to go up
    Business courses in general to go up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah I'd say business and arts to go up - computer apps in DCU might go up a little too.

Sciences will go down generally, though some courses will buck the trend. Languages down too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Im interested to see just how much higher Medicine can go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think Computer science and Arts in UCD will go up... My course is a BA with computer science, so it's a seperate course to the others, and that's why I think my points will go down further. Everyone's heard about how we need loads of Computers graduates in Ireland, so that'll send tonnes of people there, and I've just noticed that alot of people I've been talking to want to do Arts, so if that's anything to go by, they should go up a tad. So this should take some heat off of my course, not that it matters, cos I'm 70 points clear :p But still, it's interesting to try and predict.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

I've heard and read that medicine could be more manageable this year as just a tad less applied.
    How 'low :rolleyes: ' it'll go we'll have to wait and see.
    I'll put out that 570 will get a place in medicine this year.galway or cork only though..
    I don't care really because i'm 130points over commerce in galway :cool:
    I'll speculate 'orts' in UCD will go up.
    Anyone else wanna have a stab??

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Pharmacy, Psychology, Law and Arts courses will go up. Science courses will go down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

B.Ed Primary teaching
    Psychology
    Speech Therapy
    Dentistry
    ''Orts''
    Commerce, Business
    Law

Scraggs wrote:
    B.Ed Primary teaching
    Psychology
    Speech Therapy
    Dentistry
    ''Orts''
    Commerce, Business
    Law

These are your predictions for up I presume? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

applications to law are down by 14.something%....shoudl that not mean that the general trend will be downwards?

:)

Not necessarily - but likely. It could just mean less 'no-hopers' are applying for it... furthermore, those stats were taken from the preliminary CAO's back in March/whenever - I think *everybody* that I know has changed since then, so those stats mean nothing.

• Advertisement

Where are you guys getting these stats? lol. I got these from the CAO website, but it doesn't give specific courses, so does anyone know where I could see applications for each course? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

I'm so curious to see how much arts in maynooth will go up because of the psychology thing. I'm doing it because of the psych, but not worried about getting in cos I'm 105 points over last years points.

So you got 615 then??it was 510 was it not??i reckon it'll go up too

If you reread you'll notice I said arts maynooth, which was 370 last year. I got 475.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

I'm betting medicine will hit 580 in Cork. Trinity will stay at 585 with RCSI, UCD and Galway being 5 behind.

Cork is always slightly higher than galway/ucd as its only a 5 year course for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 *Elaine*

Ah my first post...
    How much do you guys think arts points in maynooth will go up by?
    I'm really worried because i only got 370 :(

Not sure but I think it'll go up a few points anyway. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

Does anyone have any predictions on Primary School Teaching?? I'm 10 points under last years but I reckon I haven't a hope!

*Elaine* wrote:
    Ah my first post...
    How much do you guys think arts points in maynooth will go up by?
    I'm really worried because i only got 370 :(
    You could get the 2nd or 3rd round offer place too..

I think primary teaching will either stay the same or go up by 5 buttercup, I hope I'm wrong though...but I know several people who got 500-ish who have it as their first choice, which leads me to guess that it's gonna be popular as ever this year.

• Advertisement

Ah not to worry, I still got my honours Irish so I can do it after.... Looks like Arts UCD here I come.

You mean 'orts' right? :p

Orts.... sorry! Bit hard with my non-D4 accent!

Don't worry it'll soon rub off being around all those airheads ;)

Ah not to worry, I still got my honours Irish so I can do it after.... Looks like Arts UCD here I come.

Haha, my word isn't gospel :P far from it, hopefully I'm wrong :)! Best of luck tonight/tomorrow though - here's hoping I have to come back here and eat humble pie eh?

P.S. Orts :-D

I changed my mind, I think that Arts in UCD is going to go down 10 points... :o

*cough*

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

lol ^^^good one mate!!

Hahahahahaha...never saw these coming to be honest. Business down and arts down - oh it's odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

most law courses are way down aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

ye were rite science is down

Advertisement