Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biking Anecdotes

• 21-08-2005 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm sure you all being bikers you have expierienced this before, you get off your bike and while you take off your helmet and lock up some old cager / codger comes over to you tells you that your bike is really nice and then proceeds to tell you a fairly unbelievable anecdote about how he had a Suzuki GSXRGT5000 :rolleyes: when he was young etc etc. I personally have this happen to me quite often, I seem to attract them.

I had this personal favorite just last week, I won't name the location just incase I embaress him. I was getting off my bike in work and I got a smile from this guy out the back having a smoke. When i get up to the back door he proceeds to tell me he loves my bike and then says he had a Yamaha XS650 in the States when he lived over there. He then told me how he hit a Chevy truck side on and ended up sitting in the drivers seat (all the time I'm nodding my head and smiling) unconsious. The driver of the truck then pushed him out on the road, drove off and he said he woke up a couple of hours later !!.
    What a load of sh!te I though !!. :confused:

Has anyone here hear such unbelievable fib's about fictional bike rides from tirekickers ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well of course this happens to the rest of us - everybody without a bike is acutally an expert on bikes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 clockend

Back in the eighties i worked as courier in cork city.We had a contract to run emergency blood supplies from the blood bank to various hospitals.i and my 400/4 went to pick up a delivery but someone screwed up the order and when i got there the order was for twice as much blood as i could reasonably carry on the bike...so i improvised.i strapped the boxes of blood onto the top and sides of the tank.This worked fine untill i stopped at a pedestrian traffic light.one of the bungees let go and all the boxes fell onto the ground.This would have been ok but one of the boxes split,pouring all the bags (see through) onto the tarmac.Thankfully none of them burst open and i got them all boxed again and back on the bike in record time.Thing is there were people at the crossing and some of them were going seriosly pale.Not funny at the time but hilarious now.i hope the patient enjoyed his blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

you have an old style bike so it probably makes all the old codgers reminis more than a newer style bike

& yeah i get a load of old bike stories from my dad :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

my dad still has a 400/4, he loves the old bikes and telling stories

sold a honda 50 to some guy he didnt like. my dad serviced the bike for him first (he the man with engines) and oopsie daisies set the points wrong so the bike ran perfectly in the wrong direction! yer man popped the bike into first and went flyin backwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

lol!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ha ha ha thats deadly :)

Advertisement