Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good accounting book?

Options
  • 21-08-2005 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Question is in the title. I`m repeating in the Institute and will be taking up accounting, as far as I`m aware they don`t use an accounting book so I am wondering if its worth my while getting one and what would people recommend?.

Thanks all! :) .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I would say that I have never found a good accounting book, I often use on called leaving certificate accounting (NOT the one by chris tyrill) beacue it have 2 good pages on adjustments but it's no really worth the money. Good luck with teh accounting, hope yo're better then me!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Well i dunno if it's really good as i have nothing to compare with...but i used 'Accounting for senior cycle (Edco)'. It's chunky but very comprehensive. Good examples etc..
    I dunno how much it contributed to getting me my A1 though :p . i love accounting anyway. can't believe they don't use a book in the institute though that's weird :confused: being THAT exam paper focused

Advertisement