Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Names for Buildings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Ah seb... your a special case... other people its quick sometimes it takes longer. we're not all perfect like your good self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah seb... your a special case... other people its quick sometimes it takes longer. we're not all perfect like your good self.
    Damn straight! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Why isn't there a "JockSoc" for the orange people- male and female??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ah now Seb...

I don't have a Tipperary accent. Nor do I have a Dublin accent. Although I have a bit of a twang when I go back to college after spending a weekend or so at home.

Going to Cork affects my accent something rotten. I pick it up like it's going out of fashion.

It's not intentional.

However... there are a hell of a lot of people from Meath, Cavan, Mayo, Leitrim etc who sound like they could've been born beside the lake after a week or two. Didn't you know that looking like a normal, (and possibly) pale human being, spending less than three hours making your hair look like you've been dragged through a bush backwards after having your ponytail attacked by seagulls, and sounding anything less than vacant and quasi-american is an offence on campus? (Ok, so this is based on a select few people that I have had the displeasure of associating with, but it's friggin' true.)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Blush_01 wrote:
    Going to Cork affects my accent something rotten. I pick it up like it's going out of fashion.

That's doesn't excuse you from calling me a dirty langer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I love Cork.

Mmhm, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Of course people's accents change.
    A mate of mine from Tallaght told me he really had to tone down the accent when he first came to ucd because so many people just couldn't understand when I was saying.

I slip in to different accents myself. Baseline I have an awful american twang thanks to too much televisin as a child, but I get progesivly more 'north dublin' when I drink are get agro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Havin a bad hair day Seb? :rolleyes:
    lol :D I have a nothing accent(neutral south co Dublin) - or I used to anyway before I came to college. Now apparently I've a bit of a culchie accent cos of the amount of guys from the country on my course! Course when you spend over 40 hours a week with ppl you are gonna pick up some bits of their accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Baseline I have an awful american twang thanks to too much televisin as a child

I know a few people whop have accents because of this. Never ceases to amaze (and boggle) me

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

i must admit, i also suffer from the "watching too much american tv" syndrome.

however my accent is a hodgepodge of different ones. i just sound like me. most people, not matter where they're from have SOME kinda difficulty with my accent.

SHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

i must admit, i also suffer from the "watching too much american tv" syndrome.

however my accent is a hodgepodge of different ones. i just sound like me. most people, not matter where they're from have SOME kinda difficulty with my accent.
    SHHHHHHHHHWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr
    Eh... No mate, that's plainly not it. It's not your accent ppl have trouble with - it's the fact that you constantly mumble your words in a monotone that is difficult to make hide nor hair of. It's disconcerting.

It's twice as bad when ur drunk btw - Then you somehow manage to both shout AND mumble. God knows how you do this, but it's true.

Advertisement