Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial D news

Options
  • 21-08-2005 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

I just thought I would post this up for any Initial D fans out there. Episodes 17 & 18 aired yesterday in Japan and the raws are available here

<snip>

This guy also seems to fansub them alot quicker than Live Evil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Live Evil still hasn't subbed 16!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

Apparently the subber for L&E had some sudden family problems, hence they only subbed 15 and not 16. But good old Wird is still doing them.

Regarding the licencing of the 4th stage - no company other than in Japan has taken up the licence, unlike the previous stages.

PS the live action movie is pretty ropey.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ondafly wrote:
    Regarding the licencing of the 4th stage - no company other than in Japan has taken up the licence, unlike the previous stages.

Aye, I'm looking into this more deeply now, some Japanese companies are adopting a less than friendly approach to fansubbers now, and boards.ie is under the same laws as any published material in Ireland. Fansubs are illegal, they just haven't been frowned upon in the past because they were boosting anime interest abroad.
    I'm not sure what policy we're going to adopt on this yet, so for the moment, better safe than sued :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

ondafly wrote:
    Apparently the subber for L&E had some sudden family problems, hence they only subbed 15 and not 16. But good old Wird is still doing them.

PS the live action movie is pretty ropey.

Yea I have seen the live action movie. I have to say I was a bit disappointed! The storyline just felt very compressed and rushed.

Speaking of licencing has anyone actually seen the american dubbed(english dub that is) version of the first stage? That was really shocking how they can mess it up so bad. Voice actors were rubbish and they replaced the eurodance music with rock music. Just didn't do it for me at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 patriotIE

Does anybody have a link to the subbed 18th episode?

• Advertisement
Advertisement