Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods modded?

Options
  • 21-08-2005 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

How exactly are mods modded? And why? I've always felt so unimportant and useless... :(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Whim of admin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

mod is modded by the power of god...or an admin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

You must collect the husks of thirteen virgin goats and present them to an admin on the eve of a full moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Virgin goats?

****, I thought it was virgin megastores employees.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

steveland? wrote:
    You must collect the husks of thirteen virgin goats and present them to an admin on the eve of a full moon
    How the hell do you 'husk' a goat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

nice size sig sterculelum nice prism :)

thats before you changed it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Why the hell is everyone getting on the mods backs for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Giblet wrote:
    Why the hell is everyone getting on the mods backs for?
    the goats weren't virgins....

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Rhyme wrote:
    How the hell do you 'husk' a goat?
    No one can be TOLD how to do it... you must learn for yourself...

Oh and btw... Amp Test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

To think I had thought that there might be a serious reply on the Feedback forum. How stupid I was!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If a poster isn't happy with a mod's actions, they post here. That mod can defend themselves and the admin will decide what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

To think I had thought that there might be a serious reply on the Feedback forum. How stupid I was!

You got your answer though, Admins are in control of the site, Mods help but don't actually really "control" anything beyond the scope of their given boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You did get a serious reply. The admins mod the mods. Also a moderator is only responsible for only a small number of forums. Outside a moderator's own forums, he/she is moderated by other moderators for whatever forum they post in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

Ok, I think my OP was misinterpreted. I meant how are the mods made into mods.

A forum needs a mod. Someone who posts a lot on the forum, is not a muppet and has a level head is contacted about the modding position. If they want it, they get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

feylya wrote:
    A forum needs a mod. Someone who posts a lot on the forum, is not a muppet and has a level head is contacted about the modding position. If they want it, they get it.

so thats about 99.9% of boarders without a chance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

steveland? wrote:
    Oh and btw... Amp Test

indeed

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

feylya wrote:
    Nah, they don't need to post at all, or in fact have any interest or investment in the topic of the forum.

Though imo they should, I certainly do.

CuLT wrote:
    Nah, they don't need to post at all, or in fact have any interest or investment in the topic of the forum.

Well, generally a poster that posts a lot in the forum and shows knowledge and interest is suggested. I know that's what happened with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

three words:
    Sexual faovours. Admins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Amp t-

Damn you steveland? !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

CuLT wrote:

Tbh, most of the mods I see are people who have an interest in the forum they mod. There are exceptions, but they aren't the rule in this case.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

nesf wrote:
    Tbh, most of the mods I see are people who have an interest in the forum they mod. There are exceptions, but they aren't the rule in this case.
    I would tend to agree; just pointing out that it's not a requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Raphael wrote:
    Whiff of admin.

Thats how I got the gig.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

CuLT wrote:
    I would tend to agree; just pointing out that it's not a requirement.

A fair point and I agree.

I'd argue that it seems to be more important that a potential mod is a regular poster and has some kind of presence on here. Thus the leaning towards people who've been around for a few months or a year.

No point making someone a mod before they've shown long term interest in the site and using a bulletin board imho. It's not something that suits everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I mod the mods... they're all my bitches

*shakes fist* takkit >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Ah, yes ... The Quean of Sheba.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mod a mod,that's unpossible!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

azezil wrote:
    I mod the mods... they're all my bitches

back in yer box pipsqueek

OP
    do you have a problem with a particular mod, or was there a reason for starting this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

um.... test

Advertisement