Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gus van Sant-Last Days

• 21-08-2005 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭

Don't know if anyone has heard of this movie but it's loosley based on the last days of Kurt Cobain. There was a piece about in this weekend's Irish Examiner.
    Does anyone know when or if this is going to be released here? I presume it won't get a general cinema release here because it's really an art-house movie. I'd still like to see it 'cause I like Nirvana and I thought "To Die For" was a great movie (van Sant directed that too).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I saw a piece on this in Cineworld's Unlimited and I saw the trailer for it before Dear Wendy. It looks like it could be very good indeed.

Even less than loosly based on Kurt Cobain's last days I'd say it's more "inspired by". But I guess it doesn't really matter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Van Sant is an interesting film maker. Elephant was great visually and Good Will Hunting was enjoyable (though the Affleck / Damon script was probably why). He hasn't made a superb film that ive seen yet, hopefully Last Days will be it. Although the reviews have been supremely dodgy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭lukin

It might be a bit weird I'd say, the Cobain character doesn't say much in it.

Advertisement