Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Niamh Shine 2003-2005

Options
  • 21-08-2005 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm Niamh Shine as the title indicates

2003 Session 1-Economics
    2004 Session 2-Talk Science, now known as 21st Century Science
    2005 Session 2-Psychology A

email & MSN: shiney2510@hotmail.com

In 2003 i was a commuter who threw stuff out the window

In 2004 i was in res and i locked my self out of my room the first time i left it, i lost 50euro, broke my phone, burst a water balloon on my bed, lost my project on the computer 3 times and got really frustrated and my campbed collapsed everynight. my brilliant roommate(who still cant spell my name) bribed me with sugar cubes to shut me up-i ate the sugar cubes and talked even more. it was a kick ass 3 weeks (i'm not being sarcastic)

In 2005 i was in res in the same room as 2005, lost my key card on the first day, then it broke, broke my discman, lost cds(which turned up on the second last day)threw hula hoops, apple, water, coffee, frosties and other food at the window below and jumped up and down to wake them up in the middle of the night, wrote on peoples body parts-claiming that i owned them, stuck THE GAME in big letters in my kitchen window with my roommate. i also screwed up me left foot after jumping off a wall, refused to get crutches and spent the last 2 weeks of CTYI limping.

Picture of me(I'm on the very right):
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/413167897/413268250rfJjAp#

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Niamh rocks! I loooove Niamh!!! Thank you agin for entertaining me with apple juice and cookies!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I first read that as, "... entering me with apple juice and cookies!!!"

Oh well, a man can dream, oh yes, a man can dream........

Hey Niamh!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Ewwww!!!! :D:p:D Is that possible??? No, I'm not even thinkin about it... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

i was stuck in galway for 2 weeks without any access to the internet. then i came on boards and was really confussed but now i'm less confussed and i am finally back in contact with ctyiers
    :D
    Hey Grainne & Kevin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Hi, Niamh, I was in your class in Economics in 2003, I'm Donall

• Advertisement

Hey Donall :D
    I remember called you Carlowboy a few times and you weren't very happy.(and threw many items out the window)
    I'm no longer a crazy commuter :D
    I'm an insane resident!(well was in 2004/2005) :D:o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I used to yell out my window this year. Congratulations! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

We got the Archaeology class in trouble a lot because we alway threw things out of the window :D

We used to jump out the windows in study. :p

you also threw wet cotton balls/tissue out your bedroom window and managed to hit my kitchen window. dunno how you did it considering the windows only open a tiny bit

• Advertisement

Heh. Did it a few time to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

nIAMH, YOU'RE INSANE, BUT i LOVE YA ANYWAY.....nO, i'M NOT WRITING WITH THE caps lock INVERTED, YOU'RE JUST CRAZY....AND A GIANT TURNIP.......gOOD TIMES.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

Niamh you gave dam good hugs
    ~Pierce

nIAMH, YOU'RE INSANE, BUT i LOVE YA ANYWAY.....nO, i'M NOT WRITING WITH THE caps lock INVERTED, YOU'RE JUST CRAZY....AND A GIANT TURNIP.......gOOD TIMES.....

I AM A GIANT TURNIP!!!!!!!!
    i'm almost dead. i've almost stopped eating.the breathing is a bit more difficult to stop.

Niamh you gave dam good hugs
    ~Pierce

I never hugged you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Jade Chihuahua

Don't take it personally Pierce, that's the dillusion talking.....poor poor Niamh...

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

Yay Niamh! You banjaxed my keycard on the first day! And dropped things at Darran's kitchen window with Simone. (Anyone see the pile of chopped-up apple in the corner? That was us... The cotton balls were Dave, as established above.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I was in your class! And RA group! And the room beside yours! Me and Alison sometimes tried to have conversations with your window but you guys were pretty busy with the throwing of every food product you could find out the window.

We also threw a melon at your window one night but you mightn't have noticed. Somehow.

My right arm also briefly belonged to you.

I owned many body parts belonging to many people. mainly arms. I owned Agatha's neck which was cool.Although i lost possession after others started doing the same thing grrrr!

I don't remember the melon though. how'd you manage that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

It wasn't a whole melon, unfortunately. We had a melon one night so we threw the rinds at your window, to our immense hilarity. They weren't in the grass in the morning though, so we're guessing Spitalians came in the night and took them away. Or at least that's my theory.

Thats weird. I though i might have heard it cause i barely slept for the 3 weeks. It might have been the security guard who ate the melon cause he was standing below for a few minutes one night. i think he was shouting at your window but i'm not sure, he was shouting at someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭JenLorigan

I think we decided it was either the security guard, Sportalians or those ridiculously big birds in the quad...

i wouldn't say that it wasnt a CTYIer considering the quality of food in the canteen. i've lost my appetite and barely eat anything at all since eating there, not even chocolate which is shocking for me :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

'Tis I! Daithí! Shine on you crazy diamond! If I remember correctly the Chinese name I bestowed upon you was Guang Dai was it not? Anyway you place highly on my list of fondly remembered friends and had the great honour of being one of the few to cry before me on the last night! Unfortunately I never got a note from you. :( Oh well! I shall see you tomorrow!

Kate can't go tomorrow. She's in sligo. I'm really pissed off with her for not going but I think she has no choice and sligo of all places.

Guang Dai, it probably won't catch on because I keep forgetting it but thank you:D

Oh and I never got a note from you either, as far as I remember :mad: grrrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Ok, Niamh. Here it is. Your all-new shiny (note spelling) post from me. I hope you like it, meanie.

As for nicities: You were fun and so on. Good classmate.

You big meanie...

Shiney wrote:
    Kate can't go tomorrow. She's in sligo. I'm really pissed off with her for not going but I think she has no choice and sligo of all places.

Guang Dai, it probably won't catch on because I keep forgetting it but thank you:D

Oh and I never got a note from you either, as far as I remember :mad: grrrr...

No Kate?! I've been looking forward to seeing her again since we left!!!

If I amn't completely reticent with heart-ache tomorrow then Ill write you a note and you can gie me one!

It definitely won't be the same without her and her kick ass black hat

:( Oh, Kate...

I no longer have anything left to live for...

Since she's been gone she's had no internet access it seems...

I can't survive another 21 and a half hours without her e-mailing me...

If I don't make it tell her I went out with dignity and tell her not to cry for me. :(

Youve got nice un-talented people! :D

• Advertisement

I probably wont bring them again, i only brought them cause i felt bad because i cancelled plans with them for the reunion. Reunion comes 1st of course and it KICKED ASS

Advertisement