Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the better town in Louth?

Options
  • 21-08-2005 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Think this is the best place for it!

I think Dundalk is the better town & I dont like Drogheda because I dont like the way the town is built on a hill & dont like the accent!

w 24 votes

Dundalk
    0% 0 votes
    Drogheda
    100% 24 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Hmmmmmmmm.....which place is less nackery? I'd go for Dundalk, even though it's still a horrible town. I don't like either accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

bopper wrote:
    Hmmmmmmmm.....which place is less nackery? I'd go for Dundalk, even though it's still a horrible town. I don't like either accents.

hmmmmmm.... I'd say shut your face.

Dundalk is class. I'm sure Drogheda is ok(yeah right... big stupid hill with every road a one way street) but Dundalk is way better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I cant believe that Ardee is not on this poll :D

But for me, Dundalk. It's the college students that make it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'm a bit biased here but what the hell Drogheda! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭ccd

I lived in both towns and I have to say Drogheda. Every second Fvcker in Dundalk lets on that there in the Ra. In Drogheda u might get the snot knocked out of ya. But at least is better yje having to constantly how great the Ra are. I remember I was in a nightclub in Drogheda. Man Dingos\Fridays ??? But anyway we were on the balcony and someguy thru a empty pint glass over the balcony into the crowd. UNBELIVABLE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ccd wrote:
    I lived in both towns and I have to say Drogheda. Every second Fvcker in Dundalk lets on that there in the Ra. In Drogheda u might get the snot knocked out of ya. But at least is better yje having to constantly how great the Ra are. I remember I was in a nightclub in Drogheda. Man Dingos\Fridays ??? But anyway we were on the balcony and someguy thru a empty pint glass over the balcony into the crowd. UNBELIVABLE.

When was this 15 to 20 years ago?
    DMC wrote:
    I cant believe that Ardee is not on this poll

:D

It was really bad about 8 years ago. I Only moved from Drogheda 2 years ago. But still say a lot of violence on the street at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cotillion

Anyone that voted for Drogheda is this poll should come to Dundalk some day and see the error of your ways!!!

I voted for Drogheda, as much as I Dislike the place its still much better then El Paso

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

ccd wrote:
    But anyway we were on the balcony and someguy thru a empty pint glass over the balcony into the crowd. UNBELIVABLE.

Are you sure you were'nt watching Trainspotting again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I can see sparks will fly in this thread. Lol, I like the way Drogheda was typed in the poll. Nice touch. I voted for Drogheda mainly out of loyalty. Dundalk is the better town but Drogheda has the better community spirit IMO. Any people I've asked who spend time in both towns and live in between e.g. Castlebellingham have said that Drogheda is a nicer town.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My problem with Drogheda stems from the fact that it is actually built in a hole...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

My problem with Drogheda stems from the fact that it is actually a hole...

I was going that direction. Meant to add, its a hole in a hole..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Valley would be the correct geographical term. :D:p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Gwwannn da Tooown hey... Gwan Dundalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

eyebrows wrote:
    hmmmmmm.... I'd say shut your face.

Popular Dundalk phrase.

Dingatron wrote:
    Valley would be the correct geographical term. :D:p

yes... a hole...