Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New High Def TV

Options
  • 21-08-2005 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

Right getting a new tv to upgrade from my current 28" Philips CRT.
    Almost decided on this... http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311530&cks=PRL .
    Seems to be have good inputs for the price, dont need it any bigger than 30" and suitable for an xbox 360 to display 720p.
    Anybody know whether it would be ok for gaming though?As I know its got a response time of 16ms and some LCD TVs suffer smearing.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well I have an 8ms LCD and you can see the very very slight blurring on games etc. 16ms is ok I guess. Why are you getting a HD-TV?

John

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

Lump wrote:
    Well I have an 8ms LCD and you can see the very very slight blurring on games etc. 16ms is ok I guess. Why are you getting a HD-TV?

John

Well i want a new tv, must be flat panel as I find my current tv to be too close where it is, and since ill be getting an xbox 360 I thought I might aswell look into HD-TVs. This one doesnt seem too expensive and has all the right connections, only drawback i can see is the 16ms response time, but at that price beggars cant be choosers. :(

Advertisement