Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Folders in Creative mp3 players

• 21-08-2005 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Anyone noticed how you can't make folders in Creative hard drive mp3 players such as Zen touch, jukebox etc? You can make playlists, but if you have your music nicely organised in folders on your PC, when you transfer them across, the folders disappear and everything is organised by tags. This gets really annoying if your tags aren't set perfectly.
    You can use folders (2 deep only) on the flash based Creative MuvoNX players. This is so much handier than messing around with tags.

Which other players can / can't use normal folders, straight from the PC, as it were?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

iRiver can, iPod can't.
    I assume iAudio and Archos can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

iRiver and Cowon use folders. The downside is that playlist features are poor on both those players compared to players that use tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah the lack of on the fly playlists on the H340 is awfully annoying after being so used to it on the Zen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

rowan wrote:
    Anyone noticed how you can't make folders in Creative hard drive mp3 players such as Zen touch, jukebox etc? You can make playlists, but if you have your music nicely organised in folders on your PC, when you transfer them across, the folders disappear and everything is organised by tags. This gets really annoying if your tags aren't set perfectly.
    You can use folders (2 deep only) on the flash based Creative MuvoNX players. This is so much handier than messing around with tags.

Which other players can / can't use normal folders, straight from the PC, as it were?

It's very simple to update the tags based on the folders with the Creative Zen Sleek software. I just did 10 albums in about 5 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭rowan

It's very simple to update the tags based on the folders with the Creative Zen Sleek software. I just did 10 albums in about 5 mins.

You mean MediaSource? So you import tracks into the library, one album at a time, then update the tags ... but the folder structure you spent months/years organizing on your PC is gone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

rowan wrote:
    You mean MediaSource? So you import tracks into the library, one album at a time, then update the tags ... but the folder structure you spent months/years organizing on your PC is gone...

I keep my folder structure seperate from the music managment software. I only import what I want on the player. Then I delete it from the music managment software. However at the moment I'm using this http://www.redchairsoftware.com/notmad/ I just drop a folder on to the player and its copied onto the Micro the folders on my HD aren't effected.

Advertisement