Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD rollcall... 2005/06 style

Options
  • 22-08-2005 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Well... it's been a long time since the last time this was asked, and there's a lot of new people on here since then... time to ask the question again.
    What are YOU studying in UCD?

I'll get us started.
    2nd BSc CS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Looks like I'm gonna be studying Civil Engineering, just got to wait another 4 hrs to be sure... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm gonna be in 1st BA CS. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Arts. 2nd year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Just finished BA (Mode 1) English. Starting MA American Lit in September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭2e

Just got my offer and accepted.... will be studying BAFS in UCD!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

2nd BSc CS

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

As of today mechanical engineering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 timcraft.tk

I've just got offered to study "Actuarial and Financial Studies".. But I now don't like it. UCD is too far away from my home in Blanchardstown.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

39X is your friend. I live much closer to UCD yet to my annoyance a fiend (sic) of mine who lives in da Blanch gets in in less time than me...

Apparently they're thinking of moving all the 39 / 37 etc termini to Belfied too. **

** Note this probably won't happen for 10 years, if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 timcraft.tk

oh uh, mister. Do you mind to tell me your friends name? Does he do ACtuarial studies as well? I need to know a lot about that thing. I put it as my 1st choice cuz I thought I would never get it, but suprisingly I did(560). Also, I've heard it's 38x, there's also 39x as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Heading into 4th year Bsc Comp Sci (about time, 6 years to do a 4 year course....)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

first yr Arts [hi everybody!!]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

2nd arts - history and politics. I cant wait to go back, I'm kinda bored of the summer! Though I know 2 days in I'll be praying to get my lie-ins back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

3phd, CS

1st year Science.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

oh uh, mister. Do you mind to tell me your friends name? Does he do ACtuarial studies as well? I need to know a lot about that thing. I put it as my 1st choice cuz I thought I would never get it, but suprisingly I did(560). Also, I've heard it's 38x, there's also 39x as well?

He wouldn't appreciate me giving his name out here timcraft, you could be some phycho. Which...you're probably not, but there ya are. He doesn't do Actuarial stuides anyways. Nope no such thing as a 38X, the 38B however would also do you, as that goes direct to Hellfield too. They are thinking of bringing the terminus from town to Hellfield due to the congestion of buses in the city centre, so if that come to fruition you'd also have the 38A/C 39/A 70 which are rediculously frequent. In fact if that were the case it'd be probably the best place to live to get to UCD! But like I say, it may never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

larryone wrote:
    (about time, 6 years to do a 4 year course....)
    Well by the time I finish... I'll be the same...lol. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Going into second arts, politics and sociology pending my repeat examination results.

Scraggs wrote:
    first yr Arts [hi everybody!!]

Hi Dr Nick!...I mean Scraggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

concrete, students/staff, occasional books in no particular order...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Hi Dr Nick!...I mean Scraggs.

wow mr.nice guy, you really are a nice guy!!

Scraggs wrote:
    wow mr.nice guy, you really are a nice guy!!

Yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Should be heading into 2nd year Geography and Information Studies but thank to those cnuts in the Sociology department I'm offically at the moment a failed 1st year thinking about repeating...................

to be concluded in the next 2 weeks hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 venice_irk

good luck with that zanemiiester. may the force be with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

2nd BSc Science (biochem, pharmacology, chemistry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Should be heading into 2nd year Geography and Information Studies but thank to those cnuts in the Sociology department I'm offically at the moment a failed 1st year thinking about repeating...................

to be concluded in the next 2 weeks hopefully

Hey I thought you were dropping out, man? Decided to stick it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

M.Sc. in Ubiquitous and Multimedia systems
    Wonder if there's anybody else taking this course as well, still waiting for the official offer and the payment slip and all that, been waiting for weeks and hav called in questing twice already. Is the cs department always working at that efficiency?

Well the fee payment forms for all courses were sent out today... Just a matter of how fast the postal service is at getting them to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

Well the fee payment forms for all courses were sent out today... Just a matter of how fast the postal service is at getting them to us.

Thx for sharing that information and, do you know if there's any notice sent out along with that about the starting date and time table? At this moment I know nothing about when to register and when the lectures are to begin and all that.

• Advertisement

Start date is September 12. Those dates are on the UCD website. Timetable you'll get from the CS department.

Advertisement