Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD rollcall... 2005/06 style

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

My first post on boards (under the name [RoF]Gunner back then) was on a thread like this, called "UCD Roll Call" in the College Play forum. In fact, the number of ppl who posted on that resulted in the formation of this very forum, 2 years ago now.

Anyway, for the benefit of those who do not know me, permit me to introduce myself, I'm... The King of Procrastination.

Seb
    erstwhile 2nd year Arts, History and Politics, but failed Politics repeats so f**k knows what I'm doing.

Cheers RainbowKirby for startin this thread, can't believe I didn't think of it before, tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I started one last year too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Really should get Truckle to sticky it so. For all present and future UCD Boardsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

why not. could take the place of the beers after friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Arts, 2nd year, yay finally. Geog & Italiano. Zane, stick with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Just finished up 2nd year Arts (History and Philosophy) but on a year out next year to work in the SU.

On that note actually, if anyone who got offers from UCD has any questions etc, feel free to get in touch with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jacket

You're all going to fail and I will laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

1st BA CS. I'm looking forward to it but UCD is goin to be a bitch to travel to.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 buttercup87

1st Year Arts...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Final Year Mechanical Engineering....so close i can almost smell it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

2nd Economics.......feel my excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

MA in English, I had no idea there was a UCD forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

rainer wrote:
    Thx for sharing that information and, do you know if there's any notice sent out along with that about the starting date and time table? At this moment I know nothing about when to register and when the lectures are to begin and all that.

this course is fairly badly organised.

dunno about content wise, but admin wise.

a friend of mine did started it september 2003, so meant to finish aug-sept 2004, and still hasn't graduated or gotten full results.

she is supposed to graduate this oct, but her name is missing of the list. all a pile of ass by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Final Year BSc Economics and Finance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Not actually in UCD anymore (I left due to it being crap) but I´m always hanging around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Damn! What do you mean its crap? I don't wanna go if its crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 biddytipp

rainer wrote:
    M.Sc. in Ubiquitous and Multimedia systems
    Wonder if there's anybody else taking this course as well, still waiting for the official offer and the payment slip and all that, been waiting for weeks and hav called in questing twice already. Is the cs department always working at that efficiency?
    The CS dept is a bit of a disaster and the UMS course is like the worst example of that. I completed the course in October last year. (I was a member of the first UMS class). We will possibly graduate in December this year, yes! 14 months later. Only problem is, they've lost my results so I'm not even sure that I'll be graduating.
    I started a PhD after that, it took 6 months to get my funding, 2 months to get a desk...
    Overall, the Dept is a disaster, you have been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Damn! What do you mean its crap? I don't wanna go if its crap!

Well UCD is class, I had a great time both as a student and staff member.

However having taken courses in from the Mechanical Engineering, E&E Eng Chemical Eng, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science etc. departments I´d be quite confident to say that the vast majority of lectures, lecturers, labs, tutorials etc that I attended were absolute pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

2nd year Irish and Art History (i can just see people rushing to employ me) ;)
    Pending of course the results of stupid english repeat which im 99.9% certain i passed but i'll still feel uneasy til i know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Final Year BSc in computer science... I feel so old... I wanna stay in college forever! Like Greg! or Chewey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

2nd year theoretical physics
    I'm actually looking forward to going back... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 etherealgirl

Repeating 1st Arts. Help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

3rd BA English (mode 1).

Elbee... congrats on the results, if you're who I think you are. Glad to hear you did so well, you worked so hard all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

3rd BA, archaeology + history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rainer

biddytipp wrote:
    The CS dept is a bit of a disaster and the UMS course is like the worst example of that. I completed the course in October last year. (I was a member of the first UMS class). We will possibly graduate in December this year, yes! 14 months later. Only problem is, they've lost my results so I'm not even sure that I'll be graduating.
    I started a PhD after that, it took 6 months to get my funding, 2 months to get a desk...

Jesus.... I'm starting to worry already......

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

2nd Commerce.

I'll try not to "damage" another laptop this year. Damn you Jameson!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

biddytipp wrote:

3rd Year PhD CS! The department is not that bad, just a bit over crowded!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

2nd year Arts -English and Philosophy.

I can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

2nd Economics and Finance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

final year of BA in irish and archaeology.
    i cant believe im in my last year already, i dont feel like i know THAT much about irish or archaeology!

Advertisement